First Name
Bosko
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What do they use when considering this measurement? The bottom of the rear shocks is a little over 5" off the ground, nothing in the bed.. I guess the expectation is you'd never allow an obstacle so close to your rear tires, so they don't count?

PXL_20230827_174704331~2.jpg
Man. I would just get rid of your Maverick. 😜
Sponsored

K5Blazer

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Gee, every truck and automobile publication has been mislead and has wrongly reported actual ground clearance all these decades.

Thanks everyone for pointing out the misleading information.

Now we, who thought we were informed, have found out too.

Shakesbear

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
J. R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat AWD, FX4, 4K, Lux, no CP360 assist
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The FX4 gets the 8.6 inches of clearance, while I believe the Tremor gets the 9.4 inches.

Ford Maverick Exterior
The Ford Maverick XL pulls up at 199.7 inches long, 83.5 inches wide with its mirrors, and with a maximum height of 68.7 inches. Its standard 8.3 inches of ground clearance jacks up to 8.6 inches when you choose AWD, jumping again to 9.4 inches with the FX4 or Tremor packages. Up to 33.3 cubic feet of cargo volume can be well-utilized for jobs or trips.

Sponsored

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I can see the point, especially if you sink into the mud/sand that that one point could start being a point of friction. I really don't think it matters beyond that because of its proximity to the only part of the truck that actually touches the ground all the time.

In the years I've gone camping, it's always been the scoop in the front that ever got hung on anything.

OneAlienBoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I certainly didn't know.. I thought it was the lowest point 🤷‍♂️
Take it from someone who took some advertising classes while getting a communications degree. Advertising is all about focusing on semantics that allow a brand to brag about the advantages of it's product, within the confines to the law. You can't just blatantly lie and say something like the maverick has 15 inches of ground clearance and gets 100 mpg constantly. But you can twist and bend how you advertise the features of the product. Puffery is a great example of this.

An example of puffery are those restaurant billboards that say "Best food in America!" That's not illegal, it's a subjective opinion, hence why every restaurant says something like that and gets away with it. Brands can all claim their trucks have been in class ground clearance if they're measuring from different parts of the underbody.

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

The FX4 gets the 8.6 inches of clearance, while I believe the Tremor gets the 9.4 inches.

Ford Maverick Exterior
The Ford Maverick XL pulls up at 199.7 inches long, 83.5 inches wide with its mirrors, and with a maximum height of 68.7 inches. Its standard 8.3 inches of ground clearance jacks up to 8.6 inches when you choose AWD, jumping again to 9.4 inches with the FX4 or Tremor packages. Up to 33.3 cubic feet of cargo volume can be well-utilized for jobs or trips.
Hybrids: 8.3"
EB:

1. Regular AWD (FX4 or not): 8.3", unless customer options the 17" silver wheels with 235/65R17s

2. Tremor AWD: 9.4"

JEMiculka

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid, 22 Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
All makers ignore that area.
It‘s not misleading.
Sure it’s misleading. Try driving over something that is one inch below what they are claiming.

Sponsored

40caliber

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
forty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
awd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Ford Maverick Exterior
What gives the fx4 .8 more clearance over an xl??

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

FX4 ground clearance is 8.3", the same as all other Mavericks outside of the Tremor and the Mavericks that have the optional 235/65R17 tires/wheels as a separate $795 cost to get to 8.6".