Sponsored

Realistically, what is the chance of actually getting a Hybrid Maverick?

Lonnied94

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150, but interested in For Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've been seeing a lot of posts on here in regards to the Constraints and dealer allocations. I have placed a 2023 order for an XLT Hybrid with Luxury package and co-pilot 360 as well as a Lariat hybrid with luxury package and co pilot 360. One order was from a large volume dealer, one from a small local dealer. What do you all think the odds are of actually getting one? Is it time to move on and forget about it, or is there still a good chance?
Sponsored

daddio211

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hot rods, Jeeps, boats
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'd estimate the chances are "good" for both, but don't be surprised by a long wait for your Lux packages.

As someone else mentioned in another thread, Ford is building them in November and SOMEONE is going to be getting them. Lux package is a constraint though, so expect a long delay.

OP
OP

Lonnied94

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'd estimate the chances are "good" for both, but don't be surprised by a long wait for your Lux packages.

As someone else mentioned in another thread, Ford is building them in November and SOMEONE is going to be getting them. Lux package is a constraint though, so expect a long delay.
Can lux package be removed to help delivery?

tdonch

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru Forester (current toad)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Also, depends on where you sit in line of the orders at each dealership. I have a single order for my hybrid maverick and was entered before the new MY23 orders were added at a smaller dealership. I'm a roll over order from MY22. So, I feel that I have a chance to have mine pulled for production in MY23. That being said, yesterday I dropped my spray-in bedliner to get down to a single constraint, the Luxury Package. My dealer said they split out the bedliner option for the reason that it held up the fulfillment of orders in MY22. The less constraints, the better your chance to have it pulled for production. Provided you reach the top of the order queue for that dealership. See constraint thread https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/📃-2023-maverick-constraints-list-as-of-9-16-22-packages-options-parts.20359/

Additionally, I would not give too much weight to the allocations figure for a while. @fordvideoguy said those figures Ford is giving to dealers is just wrong right now and will sort itself out in time.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP

Lonnied94

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Also, depends on where you sit in line of the orders at each dealership. I have a single order for my hybrid maverick and was entered before the new MY23 orders were added at a smaller dealership. I'm a roll over order from MY22. So, I feel that I have a chance to have mine pulled for production in MY23. That being said, yesterday I dropped my spray-in bedliner to get down to a single constraint, the Luxury Package. My dealer said they split out the bedliner option for the reason that it held up the fulfillment of orders in MY22. The less constraints, the better your chance to have it pulled for production. Provided you reach the top of the order queue for that dealership. See constraint thread https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/📃-2023-maverick-constraints-list-as-of-9-16-22-packages-options-parts.20359/

Additionally, I would not give too much weight to the allocations figure for a while. @fordvideoguy said those figures Ford is giving to dealers is just wrong right now and will sort itself out in time.
Yeah I am thinking of dropping the bed liner and remote start on mine. I really want the lux and co pilot 360 though

Crance

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yeah I am thinking of dropping the bed liner and remote start on mine. I really want the lux and co pilot 360 though
my dealer advised against ordering a bed liner and tonneau cover from factory. Straight up said “hey, let us worry about those items here at our shop, let’s just get you your truck”. Whether he did it to improve his accessories department numbers Or not, I appreciated his honesty and I think it was the correct decision. I think the only constraint I have on mine is CP360 and it’s non-negotiable. After 8yrs driving a base model 5spd versa, I want at least some sort of bell or whistle. 😂

Traegorn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trae
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nerdandtie.com
Vehicle(s)
2011 Nissan Versa, 2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Yeah, drop the bed liner. Anything that can be found with equal quality aftermarket should be skipped on the truck to get it done faster.

That said, if it's a feature you absolutely need, you might want to instead wait rather than get a truck that doesn't have what you actually want, y'know?

RockHoundTX

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 F350
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You can somewhat use basic math and what-ever assumptions that work for you. Since you ordered an XLT, you are way better off than someone that ordered an XL such as myself. Only 35% percent of Mavericks built will be hybrids. Of that, 59% will be XLT. Thus, of every 100 Mavericks produced, 20 will be Hybrid XLTs.

If you assume that a dealer placed orders based on the recommended Ford distribution (which we already know is completely false), they will theoretically get 20 Hybrid XLTs out of every 100 allocations they recieve. However, we know the real ratio was more like 80% hybrids and 20% eco but in this case that doesn't actually matter.

What matters is the number of allocations that a dealer gets and where you sit within your dealer's list. If a dealer gets 50 allocations this year, then they theoretically will get 10 Hybrid XLTs. If they only have 10 allocations, then there will only be 2. My dealer last year only had 5 allocations for the entire year (3 Ecos and 2 hybrid) in spite of 12 MY22 orders (I think mine was #7). If for the 50 allocation dealer you were a roll-over (Priority 10) and were one of the first 3 or so orders entered into their system, then you are likely in good shape. However, if you were not a roll-over (i.e., were Priority 11+) and there were a dozen hybrid roll-overs that are Priority 10 ahead of you, then your chances are pretty slim even if you were the first person at the dealer on Sept 15th.

To get a good understanding of where you sit, you need to ask your dealer what your priority code is, how many hybrid orders were entered before yours, and what their expected total allocation is for the year. Everything after that is pure math and a lot of luck. Of course, none of the above takes into account any constraint items which further reduces your chances.

Greg_in_GA

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Engine
Undecided
Something to consider that having the lux package could also be an advantage since that makes your truck more profitable for Ford to sell so that could improve the odds of your truck being selected.

I suspect that having the hybrid will be the main challenge with getting yours built since around 80% of the orders were for Hybrids but Ford only expects for 35% of the cars they are able to build will be hybrids.

I ordered an Eco XLT LUX with Copilot 360. I figured that the LUX and 360 are constraints but they might just delay getting my truck built but I would still get it since it is not a hybrid. In one of the Ford Video Guys streams I think he said that he was mainly concerned when a constraint was below 20% and those are at 40 and 30%.

According to the chart below the Lariat Lux is at at 25% constraint but they only expect the Lariat to be at 26%. That missing 1% is barely a constraint and there are likely a lot of people who ordered non-Lux Lariets.

Ford Maverick Realistically, what is the chance of actually getting a Hybrid Maverick? 1663993790919

Sponsored
OP
OP

Lonnied94

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Something to consider that having the lux package could also be an advantage since that makes your truck more profitable for Ford to sell so that could improve the odds of your truck being selected.

I suspect that having the hybrid will be the main challenge with getting yours built since around 80% of the orders were for Hybrids but Ford only expects for 35% of the cars they are able to build will be hybrids.

I ordered an Eco XLT LUX with Copilot 360. I figured that the LUX and 360 are constraints but they might just delay getting my truck built but I would still get it since it is not a hybrid. In one of the Ford Video Guys streams I think he said that he was mainly concerned when a constraint was below 20% and those are at 40 and 30%.

According to the chart below the Lariat Lux is at at 25% constraint but they only expect the Lariat to be at 26%. That missing 1% is barely a constraint and there are likely a lot of people who ordered non-Lux Lariets.

1663993790919.jpeg
So, is the remote start actually a constraint? I haven't seen it on any lists

tdonch

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru Forester (current toad)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've not seen it called out on any list and also am betting it is not. But it was another option (like the bedliner) split out from the Luxury Package in MY23.

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Porsche Macan S/2023 Integra 6MT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Production hasn't even started yet. I would say drop what can be installed later, like bed covers or mats, but I would say do not go dropping Lux packages you want just because it *might* delay it. Patience.

I ordered a MY22 Lariat Lux Hybrid 10/8/21. They applied pressure to remove things for most of the year, but I wanted what I wanted. My truck is now in transit.

Maverickblues

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 F-150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
One other thing, orders on the first day will carry weight too. Long McArthur got almost 700 orders. If you were in the top half, it would be way better. I think the same goes for every dealer.
Sponsored