Sponsored

Grayhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
car
Engine
Undecided
This is our FX4, Max Tow. Did a trip today in it, I can't drive an entire tank with my foot out of it, today I wanted to see what it was governed at, for those curious, 109 mph the truck shuts off.

The more I drive it, the more I like it and the few mods have made a nice difference.

This has our oil separator on it and our 3" intake and filter.

Dash indicated 31.3 mpg and after dividing it out the truck actually got 30.12.

The WOT hurts the computer calculations for sure, I think had I not beat on it some it would have been close to dead on. 1 mpg off is pretty darn accurate!

Really digging this truck!

IMG_0359.jpg
IMG_0360.jpg
WOT? Wide-open throttle?

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
on a side note I wish there was an ability to select the transmission gear. In my past vehicles I heavily use lower gears going down hill to save my breaks from overheating. I tried using the "L" button but its not the same.
Yeah, completely agree. Big whiff by Ford on the no select shift. Loved it on my 10AT F150. IMO, any AT with at least one OD gear, should have a manual gear selection option.

Sponsored

GreatWhiteNorth

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yep, that hybrid stuff isn't for me. That was some city driving then 79 mph on the highway with the cruise set there for 200+ miles and 55-60 mph back roads, testing to see where the speed limiter was set and some playing around at WOT.
When you do intake and exhaust mods, de-restrict it so to speak, do you see an improvement in fuel economy? Staying out of the boost, driving normally, steady state 60 to 70 mph for example?

Impressed by your intake mods - my Nissan Frontier had a K & N intake runner/big air filter kit installed. Thirsty truck, one of the reasons I switched to the Maverick.

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes, doing mods to increase air flow and decrease pumping losses will increase fuel milage, as a good tune will too. I got our tuning software today!

GreatWhiteNorth

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I continue to be impressed by the fuel economy that I'm seeing. I'm 1/2 way thru my 2nd tank and am seeing 7.5 liters/100 kms combined (indicated), with a mix of city, highway and country driving.

That works out to 37 mpg Imperial, or 31 mpg US. Coming from an oh-so-thirsty 4.0 liter V-6 Nissan Frontier, I'm getting close to double the fuel economy I got with that.

Atisko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan rogue
I continue to be impressed by the fuel economy that I'm seeing. I'm 1/2 way thru my 2nd tank and am seeing 7.5 liters/100 kms combined (indicated), with a mix of city, highway and country driving.

That works out to 37 mpg Imperial, or 31 mpg US. Coming from an oh-so-thirsty 4.0 liter V-6 Nissan Frontier, I'm getting close to double the fuel economy I got with that.
I believe that was the same engine in the Xterra I did a pure highway trip once going between 75 and 80 and getting 14 mpg..

GreatWhiteNorth

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I believe that was the same engine in the Xterra I did a pure highway trip once going between 75 and 80 and getting 14 mpg..
It was a reliable engine for me tho, zero issues, but very thirsty. I'd see generally about 17 mpg city, 20 to 22 mpg (Imperial) hwy. And 15 to 17 mpg towing our small camper. Am very curious to see how the Maverick compares towing. I suspect the lower gearing of the 4K tow package helps fuel economy with city stop and go driving. I literally bought one of the first of the Mavericks to arrive up here. So far so good! I put on snow tires a week ago, so I'm getting that great fuel economy on sticky rubber!

Sponsored

Anton4

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have about 1500 miles on my XLT. The last tankful showed 26.5 mpg on the display but my real calculation came in at 25.3 mpg. That’s running 87 octane on mostly highway with the cruise set at 75 mph. I’ve never seen the display number get as high as 28. I don’t know how people are seeing over 30 mpg. The two times I’ve checked my mileage I’ve come in at around 25.5.

morrisod

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I saw my first Mav today and spoke with Ford Rep. who has been driving it around Texas to show it to ford dealers. He said the MPG displayed vs calculated at pump came out the same. So far with over 5K miles average is 30mpg. I am sure that is mostly highway tough . This is a lariat AWD FX4, not sure about Tow package. It had 225/65-17 tires.
I have had my ecoboost here in Carstairs Alberta 1 week with 500 km on it and I am averaging 8.0 litres/ 100 km or 35 miles/ imperial gallon. Love this truck!

GreatWhiteNorth

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
... I don’t know how people are seeing over 30 mpg. The two times I’ve checked my mileage I’ve come in at around 25.5.
I think slowing down, cruising at 60 to 65 mph (vice 75+) makes a big difference. Our secondary highways up here are usually posted 90 to 100 km/h, and 4 lane 110 klicks (68 mph).

Anton4

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think slowing down, cruising at 60 to 65 mph (vice 75+) makes a big difference. Our secondary highways up here are usually posted 90 to 100 km/h, and 4 lane 110 klicks (68 mph).
You’re right. I usually tend to lock in my cruise at about 10 mph over the posted speed limit on an interstate. I should try it a 65 and see how much of a difference it makes. Then I’ll have to decide if the gas savings is worth the extra travel time. 😎

Transpression

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
See this just doesn't impress me. The Maverick is not a heavy vehicle and it has a small 2 liter engine. you would think that they could squeeze more mpg out of an ICE of that size. In comparison, my 2015 Subie Outback with a 2.5 liter was rated 25/33 back then. I still get the same with it after 269,000 miles.
But good luck bringing a sheet of plywood home in the Outback! Fuel mileage could be better, but then people would be complaining about power. If people are that concerned about fuel mileage then they need to wait for a hybrid.
Sponsored