First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If people didn’t care so much about the small changes then you wouldn’t see so many posts and discussions about mpg.
Furthermore, you’re forgetting the additional benefits and just thinking one dimensional; improved breaking, improved on road driving and increased range.
Buddy, while you make valid (albeit incredibly obvious) points, if those were my main concerns and areas of need from an automobile, I wouldn’t be driving a pickup of any kind.
Sponsored

Atisko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan rogue
Buddy, while you make valid (albeit incredibly obvious) points, if those were my main concerns and areas of need from an automobile, I wouldn’t be driving a pickup of any kind.
I respect that’s your perspective,However,there is a large percentage of people trying to achieve a little bit of the best of both worlds. Fundamentally, that’s what this vehicle is all about…

CLH917

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I respect that’s your perspective,However,there is a large percentage of people trying to achieve a little bit of the best of both worlds. Fundamentally, that’s what this vehicle is all about…
Fundamentally, a vehicle is really about whatever fits the needs and desires of its owner. Honda civics weren't made with 800hp, yet, we have them doing sub-10 second quarter mile passes.

I think me posting my real-world fuel economy with larger all-terrain tires only further proves your point...it is achieving a little bit of the best of both worlds. It is slightly more capable than when it left Ford, while still achieving fuel economy that is better than EPA figures and better than a lot of people's current vehicles that are moving into a Maverick.

RogueCheddar

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 XLT Lux EB 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I think you could improved by 3 miles per gallon with Michelin energy savers as opposed to 245 all-terrain tires.
I had Energy savers on my old 2012 jetta Tdi and finding out how bad they are in wet weather is not an experience I wish to repeat. I pulled them off after less than 500km and scrapped them. They may give better MPG figures but I'm not prepared to sacrifice safety for a couple of bucks a fill up

Edogg1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep renegade desert hawk
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm surprised no one has asked about wind velocity and direction. Not to mention:
Hills, up or down, and the angle of the slope(s)
Then we need to consider: Weather conditions and temperature. How about the drag created by driving through snow? After that, we'll need to take into account the density of the snow as well as the depth. How about the weight of the driver alone and with different amounts of passengers of varying weights? Are their pockets full, or empty? If full, let's weigh them. Let's be honest, change weighs more than paper currency. I'll continue the list if I get as bored as you must be
The fact that you took the time to read all these posts, and come up with this nonsense proves you need a hobby.
I have always understood that anyone who needs a truck isn’t concerned about fuel economy, and if someone was trying to save on fuel, didn’t consider a truck….until now. There is finally an efficient truck that appears to hit that sweet spot. I always owned trucks until my job required lots of driving, and less hauling. I always missed my truck but couldn’t justify the loss of fuel economy. I can’t wait to get my maverick and track the mpg’s on every fill up just to compare to what I was previously driving, and maybe even post up here. I’m sure I’m not alone on this. If you’re bored by all these mpg posts, consider the forum title that you are reading “Real world fuel mileage MPG results by 2.0 EcoBoost owners - check in here”

Sponsored

Rozay

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav EB FWD LUX Area 51
2022 Maverick EB fwd
22 mpg 99% city driving
Approximately 800lbs in bed at all times. (Pool boy)

Last edited by a moderator:

Redbaron

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Cruze
100 miles on the truck. (Awd 4k tow)
50 city and 50 highway.
18 mpg average. Hoping to match the epa numbers but I’m far off. 🙃

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
not really. I’ve reset it while I’m on the hwy going 75 mph and it only gets about 23 mpg tops.
In a place as flat as Florida to boot? You should not be getting that bad unless you're sitting in traffic everywhere. Also at 75mph even with some wind you shouldn't be seeing anything below 27-29 and be hitting or very close to 30 at that speed as an average.

Sponsored

ffjack15

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hwy and some city driving i averaged 29 AWD 4k tow

Last edited:

CLH917

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is on 245 Toyo tires. This is a tank of 87 octane and roughly an 80/20 city/highway split. I'm averaging between 430-450 miles per tank and just over 27mpg lifetime.

Ford Maverick Real world fuel mileage MPG results by 2.0 EcoBoost owners - check in here 8ECF42AB-73A8-4A16-8947-D3483B4EEE4B.JPG

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is on 245 Toyo tires. This is a tank of 87 octane and roughly an 80/20 city/highway split. I'm averaging between 430-450 miles per tank and just over 27mpg lifetime.
If the meter is accurate, that's pretty darn good!

Have you hand calculated to verify?