2.0L EcoBoost

Rozay

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav EB FWD LUX Area 51
Wonder what my average mpg will be with pool supplies in the bed. Roughly 1000lbs at all times. City driving only. Fwd

Ribwich

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick, Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Any of those miles at above 75 with elevation/etc ? Thx
I haven't been going over 75 for now. Elevation is nothing special, about 250 ft above sea level, give or take.

Criss944

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Criss
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverodo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

First fill up today. I'm liking the range on this thing. I've done 300 miles with about 150 left to go on this tank but I had some time to stop and fill it.

It did 300 miles on 11.9 gallons so that's 25.2 mpg. The dash was showing 27+ mpg.
Thanks for the manual calculation.

Sponsored

Atisko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan rogue
The question and example you gave is rather silly. $70 a week in gas is not enough information to go on to use for anything.

407.4 miles divided By 26.3MPG =15.49 gallons

15.49 gallons times you 87 gas price = your estimated price per tank that will drive an estimated

variables to consider

Gas prices range from high $2 to $5 around the country
Your MPG may vary drastically based on driving style and conditions
This is only 407.4 miles, how far was the $70 getting you?
Since you’re talking about what is silly🤔 all these post verifying their mpg based on the built-in dash monitor-that’s silly!!

Be nice to see a few post here with people that actually fill up the tank at the pump, wait 30 seconds, fill till pump stops. Reset trip mileage Button. Drive around till almost empty and return to the same gas pump for the same procedure and refilling. Divide miles driven by gallons seen on pump.
-that’s the correct way-

Reactions: wjg

mdl20813

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Since you’re talking about what is silly🤔 all these post verifying their mpg based on the built-in dash monitor-that’s silly!!

Be nice to see a few post here with people that actually fill up the tank at the pump, wait 30 seconds, fill till pump stops. Reset trip mileage Button. Drive around till almost empty and return to the same gas pump for the same procedure and refilling. Divide miles driven by gallons seen on pump.
-that’s the correct way-
I did this and got 27.4 MPG on my first tank of dealer filled 87. That was with 70-75% city driving.

Atisko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan rogue
I did this and got 27.4 MPG on my first tank of dealer filled 87. That was with 70-75% city driving.
Thank you,that’s impressive feels more valid than trusting what’s displayed on the dash be curious how it contrast with the dash display. Sometimes very close sometimes they’re very different.

mdl20813

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Thank you,that’s impressive feels more valid than trusting what’s displayed on the dash be curious how it contrast with the dash display. Sometimes very close sometimes they’re very different.
It was higher than dash calculator. Dash readout was 25.4

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
See this just doesn't impress me. The Maverick is not a heavy vehicle and it has a small 2 liter engine. you would think that they could squeeze more mpg out of an ICE of that size. In comparison, my 2015 Subie Outback with a 2.5 liter was rated 25/33 back then. I still get the same with it after 269,000 miles.
Sort of in the same boat...borderline thinking about switching to a 2.0L Turbo but my Honda Element AWD SUV has a lot more room in the interior but consistently gets an average of 24 mpg...not quite as much power...really need to drive both Mavericks.

Last edited:
Sponsored

wjg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The reason you want to do fill , empty , fill yourself at same station hopefully, is because there is full and there is FULL. You do not know how full your dealer fill actually was. Your next fill and math maybe be different.

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

-that’s the correct way-
What’s the extra 30 seconds?

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The reason you want to do fill , empty , fill yourself at same station hopefully, is because there is full and there is FULL. You do not know how full your dealer fill actually was. Your next fill and math maybe be different.
Doesn't really matter as long as you are consistently tracking - you'll then get your averages over time and can track conditions, driving % (city v highway) and other variables.

I just use fuelly myself, you can set it up to text your fill details, really simple just have to remember M.P.G. - Miles, Price, Gallons. You can then also add comments after that (I usually put something like 'gauge read 26.2, LT trip gauge 29.5'). Those notes then also get tagged to the fill up.

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Porsche Macan S/2023 Integra 6MT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Isn't this pump/click/wait/pump/click thing you guys are talking about considered topping off? That's how I see it, and this is not good for the car and the owners manual in every car I've owned for 20 years says do not do this.

You'll end up getting fuel in the charcoal canister.
Sponsored