Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Really curious to see how much more efficient the Mav is over my F150, for the same type driving.

My F150, a tuned 2.7 SCrew 4x4 ('18), was really impressive. When driven smartly, I would average ~24 mpg in the summer, on 93 gas. Mainly mixed driving with a heavy 2-lane highway bias, some freeway, very little city. I made good use of the select-shift 10AT, which is one thing I wish the Mav had; select-shift. I still think I can be up near 30 in the summer. We'll see....

jcsan18

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
To get a accurate representation you need to take into account MPG and fuel cost. Not how much a tank costs to fill up, or you should think about tank size. I know what you wanted and your question doesnā€™t take in enough variables to give you an accurate assessment. But I donā€™t care anymore. This would cost $46.5 to fill up at $3 a gallon from empty.
And I'm not denying that there are variables that need to be taken into account, but I literally just wanted to get a pure cost from empty based on what you've seen, because again, $70 at least once a week is annoying, and you telling me $46.50 to fill up the Maverick makes me feel much better, all variables considered and all information analyzed, because no matter how we can dissect the data (I'm a Math teacher, I appreciate all types of data), that is still a drastic improvement.

Thank you for answering my question.

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
And I'm not denying that there are variables that need to be taken into account, but I literally just wanted to get a pure cost from empty based on what you've seen, because again, $70 at least once a week is annoying, and you telling me $46.50 to fill up the Maverick makes me feel much better, all variables considered and all information analyzed, because no matter how we can dissect the data (I'm a Math teacher, I appreciate all types of data), that is still a drastic improvement.

Thank you for answering my question.
How did you not get the answer from my first post? Better yet, how come I had to do the math to get you the answer? All the variables were there for you.

ā€œ15.49 gallons times your 87 gas price = your estimated price per tank that will drive an estimated 407.4 milesā€

Last edited:

ReddWulf

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick FX4, Harley Road King Classic
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Sponsored

FriscoTXJoe

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Who in the world drives 72 on the highway? Maybe it's just Texas but our highway limits once you are 50 feet out of the most dense part of a city are 70 and 75 outside of suburban areas. I cruise at 82. And the MPG drops drastically from 72. :(

Criss944

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Criss
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverodo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Has anybody actually calculated their gas mileage or are they all using the mileage displayed?

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
To get a accurate representation you need to take into account MPG and fuel cost. Not how much a tank costs to fill up, or you should think about tank size. I know what you wanted and your question doesnā€™t take in enough variables to give you an accurate assessment. But I donā€™t care anymore. This would cost $46.5 to fill up at $3 a gallon from empty.
I use a program for tracking all vehicle expenses including gas costs.

It breaks down:

Total Gas Cost
Gas cost per mile driven
Gallons of Gas used
MPG
Average price per Gallon

Here is a snapshot for my current 2015 Honda Fit Ex for year 2021 YTD

Ford Maverick Real world fuel mileage MPG results by 2.0 EcoBoost owners - check in here 2015 Honda Fit EX for 2021 YTD.JPG

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am really looking forward to my Hybrid Maverick's Fuel Economy as I only averaged 14.6 MPG for my 1998 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCab with the 4.0L V6 over 16+ years.

Ford Maverick Real world fuel mileage MPG results by 2.0 EcoBoost owners - check in here 1998 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCab All Years Cost.JPG

KeinoDoggy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid and Outback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
See this just doesn't impress me. The Maverick is not a heavy vehicle and it has a small 2 liter engine. you would think that they could squeeze more mpg out of an ICE of that size. In comparison, my 2015 Subie Outback with a 2.5 liter was rated 25/33 back then. I still get the same with it after 269,000 miles.

Sponsored

WasChops

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz Ltd + Maverick Lariat Hybr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So the Fuel tank on the Maverick 2.0 EcoBoost is 15.5 gallon capacity - right?

Jasperw229

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 22, Lariat fx4, 4k tow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Jasperw229

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 22, Lariat fx4, 4k tow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I use a program for tracking all vehicle expenses including gas costs.

It breaks down:

Total Gas Cost
Gas cost per mile driven
Gallons of Gas used
MPG
Average price per Gallon

Here is a snapshot for my current 2015 Honda Fit Ex for year 2021 YTD

2015 Honda Fit EX for 2021 YTD.JPG
What app do you use? I like this level of detail.

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So the Fuel tank on the Maverick 2.0 EcoBoost is 15.5 gallon capacity - right?
From what a Iā€™ve read that is the capacity.
Sponsored