First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64 Caddy Fleetwood,73 Caddy Sedan,75 Eldorado Conv
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I only have 60 miles on mine so far and it's running the 87 octane/10% ethanol that the dealer filled up with.

Since I live near the coast, all of our fuel stations carry real gas (ethanol free). Perhaps my first fill up will be with real gas and I can see how it does.
All vehicles get better mpgs with no ethanol, even the flex fuel ones. You are lucky to have that fuel available, we only get 91 E free in certain counties & have one station the has 89 E free & we get poked good for it!
Sponsored

villageidiot

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many many in the past, none currently
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
my first tank was 25.8mpg total over 14.272 gallons at time of fill. about a 50/50 mix of 70mph freeway and city congestion.

Luther

First Name
Luther
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.starweb.one
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang v6
Aloha this is Luther again.
Today traveling across Iowa, I completed 1000 super fun miles.
I Iwent from Salina KS east to Kamsas City Missouri to St Louis then Springfield and Bloomington Illinois to outside Chicago.
Then Davenport and took famous I 80 west to Iowa City and stopped at the epic IOWA 80 the world's largest truck stop.
it's gigantic and has everything under the sun!!
I then continued accross Iowa ....
which brings me to the purpose of thes post...
MAVERICK 2.0 MILAGE
I was able to do a two and a half hour 150 mile mileage test and it came out great.

Real world, real driving, the real deal!
150 miles across Iowa on I 80.
Here is a photo of the data.

.....and the day had a colorful ending.

Ford Maverick Real world fuel mileage MPG results by 2.0 EcoBoost owners - check in here 20211204_173807

Ford Maverick Real world fuel mileage MPG results by 2.0 EcoBoost owners - check in here 20211204_111219

The famous IOWA 80 Truck Stop

Ford Maverick Real world fuel mileage MPG results by 2.0 EcoBoost owners - check in here 20211204_170326

As I entered Nebraska, the sun said good night....As I do now. Nite everyone.

What milage are the rest of you getting,?

BeeBro

First Name
Bee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer F150 & Maverick all 4wd
Or you could just tell me how much it costs you to fill up the tank. šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø I wasnā€™t really looking to dive into a breakdown of numbers and mileage and all that jazz. Itā€™s $3+ per gallon here, and when I donā€™t drive on the highway, I might get 450 miles out of it. I wondered how much of a difference it would be between $280~ a month on gas versus the Maverick.

I donā€™t see whatā€™s silly about answering a basic question.
Well if itā€™s $70 a week times four weeks or a month thatā€™s $280? Simple math

thunaman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Subaru Outback
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I tried a little Hypermiling, I traveled 143.8 miles and was able to squeeze 34.45MPG! The trip meter on my truck said 38+ MPG. Believe it or not it wasnā€™t 100% freeway miles. My average speed was 35MPH. I would not drive this way normally. Not only is it bad for the engine, carbon buildup and all, but it is super hard to maintain and Iā€™m pretty sure I pissed a fellow motorists or two! LOL

Reactions: bgn

Sponsored

fordtruckguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford truck
Most recent tank was 23.8mpg mostly highway miles. Average speed in low 80s. Iā€™ve noticed a pretty big drop off in mpg traveling above 80 vs high 70s. Unfortunately for me my highway driving is usually done above 80.

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Most recent tank was 23.8mpg mostly highway miles. Average speed in low 80s. Iā€™ve noticed a pretty big drop off in mpg traveling above 80 vs high 70s. Unfortunately for me my highway driving is usually done above 80.
just 2-3 mph in speed above 70 will have noticeable impacts. At that point any head or cross winds will also significantly impact mpg as well. Travelling 80+ you're getting exactly what the truck will give.

EPA estimates, even though updated, are still a measure of travel at highway speeds UNDER 60MPH! They do not represent Interstate or higher MPH speed highways.

OldSoulNewMaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Soul
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
numbers would be much more accurate is people did the simple math vs. trusting the trip computer. I know it takes a minute of effort, and ideally filling up at the exact same pump, but still........

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
numbers would be much more accurate is people did the simple math vs. trusting the trip computer. I know it takes a minute of effort, and ideally filling up at the exact same pump, but still........
Honestly that is what makes fuelly so great. I can text my miles/price/gallons (and also any notes after that) - I get a response directly that tells me the exact MPG, and my overall MPG, so I can see the difference instantly.

It is also available for others to see true real world MPG numbers. Also, it alleviates the need to track and do the math yourself. You also get the ongoing overall MPG, alleviating any need to go to a particular station or pump (not that I see the benefit in doing that myself anyway - we're not managing rocket science here!).

Skeeziks

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape; 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I drive to save fuel. With my '18 Escape 5000 mile cross country trip, loaded up, all types of terrain, cruise set at 73 no matter the speed limit,...30.5 mpg. Based on all I've read, I expect something similar with the Maverick.
The first new car I ever bought was a 1970 Maverick, mustard yellow 2-door sedan. I don't remember what the gas mileage was, probably because with gas at $0.35 a gallon it didn't matter that much.

Sponsored

Ferroplasm

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback Onyx XT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Haven't read this entire thread, but Fuelly is an excellent app for tracking fuel economy and keeping maintenance records. You can even upload receipts. They aggregate and share MPG data by make and model. Here's their data for the Maverick 2.0.

Ford Maverick Real world fuel mileage MPG results by 2.0 EcoBoost owners - check in here 1638970832516

Skeeziks

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape; 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
lol
2 explanatory notes: that's highway driving and with adaptive cruise control
I figured as much, but my mind couldn't help but picture a 45 zone, and there goes skeeziks blasting through at 73 mph on cc...... šŸ˜‚

JennyJoannSuebeeMcNash

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I didn't read every single post here, but is there anyone doing a daily commute with start/stop traffic and posted speeds of 30-40mph the entire way? I'm curious what to expect with the EB. If mine ever arrives I plan on driving it in Eco mode for my daily commute. Where's my fellow street-only commuters?
Sponsored