BlackMav23

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT FX4 4K, 2020 Tiguan SE 4-Motion
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm far from qualified but I would assume a lot of it is just aerodynamics at that point. All things being the same a truck traveling 75 is going to get better mileage than the same truck going 85+; because air modules don't care, efficiency changes or not.
Yeah I mean you can only do so much to reduce drag and increase aerodynamics given the constraints of modern passenger vehicles. Not that the maverick couldn't do a lot more in this department, but then everyone would be upset it doesn't look like a truck.

I'll take a manual diesel maverick while we're at it please.
Sponsored

22RolloverClub

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek, 2019 VW Jetta
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Cgottlob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How long did it take you to start seeing mileage like this and how fast are you going on highways? Riding on Wildpeaks?

I'm also in Michigan and not seeing anywhere close to this. Just drove from GR to Lansing today and got maybe 23 according to display. Granted I'm only at 1000 miles just now.

I babied it for about the first 750 and was able to get low/mid 30s on the expressway once on the original pirellis. Haven't seen anything close to that since no matter how I drive.

I'm considering making the switch from Hybrid to Ecoboost and right here is my exact dilemma. If I would get mileage in the low 30's like some people are achieving I would definitely make the switch, but others report mid 20's and that seems like to much of an MPG difference from the Hybrid to get me to switch over.

axl_rose

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Axl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How did you get that truck icon underneath your mileage? Is your truck a 2023 model or Lariat? I have an XLT 2022 without that truck icon there.
I have the Lariat with the Lux package and Co-Pilot 360 w/lane centering. That display is part of the package

imboden013

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have the Lariat with the Lux package and Co-Pilot 360 w/lane centering. That display is part of the package
That’s part of the copilot 360 cruise control. When your cruise control is engaged and AEB senses a car close enough in front of you it will appear. It’s not on cluster display at all times.

Sponsored

imboden013

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm considering making the switch from Hybrid to Ecoboost and right here is my exact dilemma. If I would get mileage in the low 30's like some people are achieving I would definitely make the switch, but others report mid 20's and that seems like to much of an MPG difference from the Hybrid to get me to switch over.
In my case I’m getting mid 30s on highway I probably average 60 mph on roadway. I’ve never checked my city mpg as I seldom do much city driving. I did however notice the other day shortly after filling up that I’d driven about 20 miles all in town(pop 24,000) so not real big city and it was showing around 25mpg. I drive Iight footed and coast up to stop signs.

Cgottlob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
In my case I’m getting mid 30s on highway I probably average 60 mph on roadway. I’ve never checked my city mpg as I seldom do much city driving. I did however notice the other day shortly after filling up that I’d driven about 20 miles all in town(pop 24,000) so not real big city and it was showing around 25mpg. I drive Iight footed and coast up to stop signs.
Thanks! I did end making the switch. I'm the same where almost all my driving is highway. If I can get low-mid 30's like that I'd be happy

axl_rose

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Axl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That’s part of the copilot 360 cruise control. When your cruise control is engaged and AEB senses a car close enough in front of you it will appear. It’s not on cluster display at all times.
Yes, I wasn't asking a question. I was addressing the person who asked why there was icon of the truck in the display. As you stated, it's part of the adaptive cruise and lane centering in the copilot 360

imboden013

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks! I did end making the switch. I'm the same where almost all my driving is highway. If I can get low-mid 30's like that I'd be happy
I do a lot of 2 lane highway travel where speed limit is 55. I set my cruise control and when I need to slow down I bump the cruise control down then when speeding up I bump it up a little at a time so transmission doesn’t kick down. When on interstate which is 70% of my driving I stay in right lane and cruise at about 65. I’m in no hurry being retired.

imboden013

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes, I wasn't asking a question. I was addressing the person who asked why there was icon of the truck in the display. As you stated, it's part of the adaptive cruise and lane centering in the copilot 360
Yep, I really like mine in the Maverick it doesn’t fight you like the system in my wife’s 21 Explorer Limited. Her Explorer likes to keep you too close to the center line so I’m constantly having to pull to the right. On longer trips after an hour or so I’m worn out. My Maverick keeps me dead center of the lane much easier on the arms. If it had a bit more leg room particularly the left leg. That little bump where left foot rest is a real pain.

Sponsored

MavChris

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick XLT, 22 Bronco Sport, 19 Flex SEL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have about 2,700 miles since January. Mixed highway and city driving. Been in echo mode most of the time to see what milage I can get out of it. Considering Michigan winter and all, I'm up to 27.5 MPG. I just ordered bed cover and curious to see if that raises MPG?? Super happy with MPG so far. Been driving conservatively, however sport mode is fun and 2.0 ecoboot is surprisingly quick.

imboden013

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have about 2,700 miles since January. Mixed highway and city driving. Been in echo mode most of the time to see what milage I can get out of it. Considering Michigan winter and all, I'm up to 27.5 MPG. I just ordered bed cover and curious to see if that raises MPG?? Super happy with MPG so far. Been driving conservatively, however sport mode is fun and 2.0 ecoboot is surprisingly quick.
Just yesterday added a soft roll up bed cover to my EB AWD Maverick. Took a 150 mile trip today seemed to get just a little better maybe 1 mpg. I bought the cover just to keep stuff dry in the back so any increase in mpg is just gravy. Picked up a TipTop cover on Amazon for $175 nicely made and easy to install.

Ford Maverick Real world fuel mileage MPG results by 2.0 EcoBoost owners - check in here E568796D-3C66-44C7-B944-DB19B0323B7E

Ford Maverick Real world fuel mileage MPG results by 2.0 EcoBoost owners - check in here 1EF2F8D2-4AFB-4D15-B1EA-1D3556B7B766

Ford Maverick Real world fuel mileage MPG results by 2.0 EcoBoost owners - check in here 6A6D9C01-1E78-4853-9531-6270ACF444A2

Gpp

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I drive my ecoboost on roughly 35% highway and the rest on local roads and average 28-30 mpg.being retired i dont really get on the gas as hard as i used to either.my lightning handles the hard driving😎i get about 35 mpg between 65 to 70 mph.i can live with this mpg!

Lynyrd Skynyrd

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
5k miles, lifetime from November is 24 but expect more after summer. This thing hates cold weather and weekly average dropped to 21. On recent days when 50 and sunny got 30 on a 50 mile trip up backroads.
all depends on driving style and roads. Windy days on same highway and mileage drops. Inclines, mpg drops

bbeverag

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick 2.0 EB Lariat Lux
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
First roadtrip registered just over 28mpg going 77mph on mostly flat highway for around 750 miles.
Sponsored