Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick, 2012 Focus
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I have just finished tracking my fuel economy and after my first 1,000 km of driving my economy improved suddenly. I started at 9.8 litres per 100 km and am now between 7 and 8.4 l/100 km. AWESOME!! That’s a 2.0 ecoboost with 4k tow package Lariat. I concur…
Great to know. My Lariat EB with 4k is in "Final Prep". It's nice to see km/l. I know the break in may take a little time
Sponsored

Last edited:

axl_rose

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Axl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
45 minute highway trip. Mostly flat with some elevation changes. Not the highest it's been but close...I need a longer trip to see if it will flatten out. on another outing, I hit 33.4 for a brief moment but, my trip was ending.
Ford Maverick Real world fuel mileage MPG results by 2.0 EcoBoost owners - check in here IMG_8929

stuckinparts

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
WILL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 MAVERICK
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
FX4, XLT, 4K averaging 30 with about a 70/30 mix highway/city. 93 octane.

BlackMav23

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT FX4 4K, 2020 Tiguan SE 4-Motion
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
FX4, XLT, 4K averaging 30 with about a 70/30 mix highway/city. 93 octane.
How long did it take you to start seeing mileage like this and how fast are you going on highways? Riding on Wildpeaks?

I'm also in Michigan and not seeing anywhere close to this. Just drove from GR to Lansing today and got maybe 23 according to display. Granted I'm only at 1000 miles just now.

I babied it for about the first 750 and was able to get low/mid 30s on the expressway once on the original pirellis. Haven't seen anything close to that since no matter how I drive.

Mavapa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You hybrid guys, chiming in on an ecoBoost only thread... but can you tow!? That 4K tow package is pretty sweet. I repeatedly got 23 to 24 mpg (Imperial) towing this camper, around 20 mpg US.

20220624_162418.jpg

... and with the AWD more useful in winter. I've been getting 7.3 liters/100 kms indicated combined recently, in real world winter conditions. That's probably 7.5 actual, 37 mpg Imperial, 31.4 mpg US. Crazy good fuel economy IMO. When it gets really cold out, fuel economy suffers, but that's normal. My wife was torqued recently as our Maverick has been getting better fuel economy than our Corolla! Can't imagine what guys get for fuel economy on big gas full size trucks.

20221231_130641.jpg
That’s very encouraging. One day, when or if I ever get mine, that’s the trailer I’ll be looking at.

Sponsored

Boomhauer1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2010
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
45 minute highway trip. Mostly flat with some elevation changes. Not the highest it's been but close...I need a longer trip to see if it will flatten out. on another outing, I hit 33.4 for a brief moment but, my trip was ending.
IMG_8929.jpg
How did you get that truck icon underneath your mileage? Is your truck a 2023 model or Lariat? I have an XLT 2022 without that truck icon there.

Ford Truck Guy

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How did you get that truck icon underneath your mileage? Is your truck a 2023 model or Lariat? I have an XLT 2022 without that truck icon there.
That's an FX4. It has the bigger display in the instrument cluster. So Does the Lariat and Tremor.
Ford Maverick Real world fuel mileage MPG results by 2.0 EcoBoost owners - check in here Screenshot 2023-03-07 at 7.13.04 AM

Boomhauer1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2010
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That's a Lariat. It has the bigger display in the instrument cluster.
Screenshot 2023-03-07 at 7.13.04 AM.jpeg
I have the Fx4 which has the same 6.5" screen as you albeit not Sync3. If it was on there by default might be with that Sync3 software. I might have to check the settings on mine.

stuckinparts

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
WILL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 MAVERICK
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How long did it take you to start seeing mileage like this and how fast are you going on highways? Riding on Wildpeaks?

I'm also in Michigan and not seeing anywhere close to this. Just drove from GR to Lansing today and got maybe 23 according to display. Granted I'm only at 1000 miles just now.

I babied it for about the first 750 and was able to get low/mid 30s on the expressway once on the original pirellis. Haven't seen anything close to that since no matter how I drive.

MPG started increasing around the 5k mile mark. Usually cruising 65ish on the highway. Yes, on the Wildpeaks.

WildHorse

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have the Fx4 which has the same 6.5" screen as you albeit not Sync3. If it was on there by default might be with that Sync3 software. I might have to check the settings on mine.
That's when you are on adaptive cruise control. You can see that from the green speed setting on the low left corner. Not sure if it's available on any trim level or only on AC360 Lariat level.

Sponsored

Boomhauer1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2010
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That's when you are on adaptive cruise control. You can see that from the green speed setting on the low left corner. Not sure if it's available on any trim level or only on AC360 Lariat level.
That explains it. Reserved for Lariat Lux vehicles only. Thanks for clarifying.

Chicolini

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150s, Mustang GT Convertible, Mazda B3000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford Maverick Real world fuel mileage MPG results by 2.0 EcoBoost owners - check in here TinaMiles_20230112

This is with my FWD XLT. We have few hills here. This is typical for highway driving.

Inception to date I am at 31 MPG manually computed. I am quite pleased, especially given the performance of this little cutey.

imboden013

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That truck image is from the adaptive cruise control being on and indicates that there is a vehicle in front of you that is in range of the sensor. Ford uses a truck image in trucks with adaptive cruise control a car in SUVs

BlackMav23

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT FX4 4K, 2020 Tiguan SE 4-Motion
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not sure I'll ever get close to what y'all are achieving. Maybe on the backroads up North or road trips in other states.

In Michigan the average driver cruises 85+ on the expressway and if I'm alone I'm generally faster than that. I realize there's a lot more that goes into it than just adding a couple gears, but I can't help but feel like more could be done to achieve optimal mileage at the actual speeds commuters are driving on a daily basis.

22RolloverClub

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek, 2019 VW Jetta
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not sure I'll ever get close to what y'all are achieving. Maybe on the backroads up North or road trips in other states.

In Michigan the average driver cruises 85+ on the expressway and if I'm alone I'm generally faster than that. I realize there's a lot more that goes into it than just adding a couple gears, but I can't help but feel like more could be done to achieve optimal mileage at the actual speeds commuters are driving on a daily basis.
I'm far from qualified but I would assume a lot of it is just aerodynamics at that point. All things being the same a truck traveling 75 is going to get better mileage than the same truck going 85+; because air modules don't care, efficiency changes or not.
Sponsored