XLT
First Name
Daryl
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT
Trim
XLT
I'm 3/4s of the way thru my 2nd tank of gas, have over 1,000 kms on the truck now. I'm indicating 8.0 liters/100 kms combined (29.4 mpg US), on snow tires, in winter. Better than the wife's Corolla ATM (she's impressed!). I'll gas up soon, do a hand calculation - 1st tank of gas showed the average fuel consumption displayed to be a bit optimistic. I am very impressed by the fuel economy!
Advertisement

uh50

XL
First Name
Howard
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, VB, 2.0 EB
Trim
XL
Vehicle Showcase
2.0 first edition, 187 mile ride today. 50 percent 70mph interstate, 15 percent city and 35 percent two lane 45/55mph thru Pa. hills and mountains....29.7 avg mog
Mpg results posted in "My humble review of my Maverick XL."

The gas mileage is pretty good. We live on a rural lake and the access road to our house is about 2 1/2 miles at 15 miles an hour. A trip to the local stores and pizza place have very limited speed limits, and the XL averaged about 24 mpg locally. Yesterday, I drove some 75 miles to Mineola TX and back at highway speeds and then another 110 miles to Tyler and around, plus the trip back. This included around 20 miles of considerably heavy traffic with several stop lights on the loop around Tyler. I even stopped at the Tyler Whataburger with the XL idling minimized by the stop/start active. Using Econo driving mode and stop/start activated for the total trip for the day I averaged 30.1 according to the onboard computer. Admittedly, I drove in a manner to save fuel.

Mid way through 2nd tank of gas with my 2.0 EB and am experiencing overall 27.1 mpg mostly highway driving.

GreatWhiteNorth

XLT
First Name
Daryl
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT
Trim
XLT
Just gassed up, gave me a chance to compare average indicated vs hand calculated actual. Combined, around 75% city driving, saw 8.2 liters/100 kms indicated - that calculated out to 8.7 actual, or 32.5 mpg Imperial, 27 mpg US. This is on Shell regular gas with ethanol, snow tires, cold temperatures, icy roads, warming it up a bit before driving off... real world winter driving. I consider this fantastic fuel economy, everything considered. I just calculated fuel economy for our '20 Corolla (1.8 liter) and it was very close (8.5 liters/100 kms, 33 mpg Imp, 27.7 mpg US). The Corolla is better on the highway, but sure close in the city!

20211125_141753.jpg

Last edited:

EMD_Driver

XLT
First Name
Gary
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F-350 CCLB 6.7 / 2022 Maverick XLT 2.0 AWD
Trim
XLT
I only have 60 miles on mine so far and it's running the 87 octane/10% ethanol that the dealer filled up with.

Since I live near the coast, all of our fuel stations carry real gas (ethanol free). Perhaps my first fill up will be with real gas and I can see how it does.

rlhdweman

XLT
First Name
Dan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Taurus, 89 Deville, 73 Caddy Sedan
Trim
XLT
I only have 60 miles on mine so far and it's running the 87 octane/10% ethanol that the dealer filled up with.

Since I live near the coast, all of our fuel stations carry real gas (ethanol free). Perhaps my first fill up will be with real gas and I can see how it does.
All vehicles get better mpgs with no ethanol, even the flex fuel ones. You are lucky to have that fuel available, we only get 91 E free in certain counties & have one station the has 89 E free & we get poked good for it!

JJC

Lariat
First Name
Justin
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EcoBoost
Trim
Lariat
Just finished off my first tank which was filled by the dealer so I’d assume 87. AWD Lariat w/ 4K tow package

385.6 miles
16.45 gallons to refill
23.4 mpg (computer displays 24.4)

50/50 city and highway as ~200 miles were the initial drive home, the rest have been primarily city. I’ve not used cruise control yet. I have utilized a good amount of sport mode, and varying speeds much more often than I normally would. Just filled up with 91 as that’s what I intend to use going forward. I also plan to normalize my driving after this tank.

Advertisement

Advertisement