Sponsored

Atisko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan rogue
I had a diesel Jetta standard that would do that at 80 mph!!
Diesels truly excel in high stress applications I.e.-boating,towing plowing &driving insanely fast U will c close 2double the mileage in these applications.
If ur just casually driving you’ll c a 20 to 30% difference. Thus, I find it quite annoying EPA stickers don’t include mileage when towing on truck or SUV!stupid car magazines do comparative reviews of casual driving &said diesels are not worth$difference?? It would be great to see the 2.0 diesel used in EU Bronco put into U.S.bronco hybrid! Torque &range would be insane!

Redbaron

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Cruze
380 mile trip 100% Florida interstates with no traffic. I had Cruise control set at 81mph for most of the trip.
Ford Maverick Real world fuel mileage MPG results by 2.0 EcoBoost owners - check in here 1635381771782

fordtruckguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford truck
Just finished tank from dealer. 90% city driving with 40 mile under 2k tow. Computer read 22.9 calculated by hand at 22.4. EPA figures are pretty accurate I’d say. 30 miles into next tank all city driving and computer is around 26. I’m going to concisely drive for efficiency on this next tank and see what it can do.

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
380 mile trip 100% Florida interstates with no traffic. I had Cruise control set at 81mph for most of the trip.
1635381771782.jpeg
At 81mph you are simply losing to the laws of aerodynamics. I don't think 27.4 is unreasonable. You can do better, but you'd have to slow down.

Sponsored

Darksider

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two
Ok, Just wanted to update my calculated MPG. I am almost to 1000 miles on the
ODO. These are my calculated MPG based on how many miles driven and how much fuel I added. for reference the in-dash computer, witch has not been reset, is telling me I am getting 29.8 MPG.

I am using 91 octane fuel that I am purchasing at the same gas station on each fill up. it is a "top tier" fuel. My truck is an XLT AWD FX4. driven on the "normal" driving mode.

Fill up #1 @400.6mi added 13.687gal MPG 29.27
Fill up #2 @631.2mi added 7.998gal MPG 28.83
Fill up #3 @949.4mi added 11.315gal MPG 28.12

This is my normal work commute (80mi RT) + tooling around on the weekend. I live in a suburb of Phoenix so it is mostly flat driving, with a mix of freeway and city. however the freeway driving is in traffic during the week. Also I started off driving like a grandma as I am of the mindset that I need to break this engine in, and have been slowly normalizing my driving.

I am keeping a log and will update here periodically.
This is by far the most useful data posted so far. You are getting an actually MPG of 28.8 so the computer is adding one MPG extra, typical. One question, what was your average speed for the 949 miles logged?

Dave S

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
1/4 way thru 2nd tank. 28.9. I live in portland Oregon and travel during rush hour.

I did not notice a significant difference from normal mode to eco mode. Except for response. Maybe 1/2 mpg diff

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is by far the most useful data posted so far. You are getting an actually MPG of 28.8 so the computer is adding one MPG extra, typical. One question, what was your average speed for the 949 miles logged?
Unless I've missed it, there is no average speed displayed in the Maverick dash screens.

Darksider

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two
You could be right but if he took down time traveled which it does log. Then miles traveled divided by hours would be average MPH.

thunaman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Subaru Outback
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You could be right but if he took down time traveled which it does log. Then miles traveled divided by hours would be average MPH.
using this logic, lets see.

I don't have my time from the last time I calculated MPG but I will use my current miles and time on the clock.

I have traveled 1107 miles for a total time of 32:40. so the math would be 1107/32.6667. that would make my average speed 33.8877.

I will also say that during the first 1000 miles I was avoiding speeds over 70mph, and keeping my RPM's below 3K. I will add the hours driven to my log and start tracking that data. I have also changed my manner of driving back to normal, so I am sure my MPG's will drop.

Sponsored

GreatWhiteNorth

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have an XLT with tow package. First tank of gas, it calculated out to just under 9 liters/100 kms combined, which is 31.5 mpg Imperial, or 26.3 US mpg. I find the instantaneous, and average fuel economy indications to be a bit optimistic. Generally I'm seeing 35 mpg hwy, 30 mpg (Imperial) city, which is fantastic. Yesterday, on this trip, I had a bit of a tailwind, for about 60% of that distance, but into headwind for part of it too, saw this crazy low 6.7 liters/100 kms - that's 42 mpg (Imperial) indicated, maybe 40 actual. That'd be 33 to 35 US mpg... with a tailwind, at 100 km/h (62 miles per hour). 100 km/h is the standard speed we use for calculating fuel economy.

Ford Maverick Real world fuel mileage MPG results by 2.0 EcoBoost owners - check in here 20211029_165006

Last edited:

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is our FX4, Max Tow. Did a trip today in it, I can't drive an entire tank with my foot out of it, today I wanted to see what it was governed at, for those curious, 109 mph the truck shuts off.

The more I drive it, the more I like it and the few mods have made a nice difference.

This has our oil separator on it and our 3" intake and filter.

Dash indicated 31.3 mpg and after dividing it out the truck actually got 30.12.

The WOT hurts the computer calculations for sure, I think had I not beat on it some it would have been close to dead on. 1 mpg off is pretty darn accurate!

Really digging this truck!

Ford Maverick Real world fuel mileage MPG results by 2.0 EcoBoost owners - check in here IMG_0359
Ford Maverick Real world fuel mileage MPG results by 2.0 EcoBoost owners - check in here IMG_0360

projectvortex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
This is our FX4, Max Tow. Did a trip today in it, I can't drive an entire tank with my foot out of it, today I wanted to see what it was governed at, for those curious, 109 mph the truck shuts off.

The more I drive it, the more I like it and the few mods have made a nice difference.

This has our oil separator on it and our 3" intake and filter.

Dash indicated 31.3 mpg and after dividing it out the truck actually got 30.12.

The WOT hurts the computer calculations for sure, I think had I not beat on it some it would have been close to dead on. 1 mpg off is pretty darn accurate!

Really digging this truck!

IMG_0359.jpg
IMG_0360.jpg
If I could get anything near 31-32 mpg I’d cancel the hybrid in a heartbeat. May still do so. Could have bought a 2.0 last night.

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If I could get anything near 31-32 mpg I’d cancel the hybrid in a heartbeat. May still do so. Could have bought a 2.0 last night.
Yep, that hybrid stuff isn't for me. That was some city driving then 79 mph on the highway with the cruise set there for 200+ miles and 55-60 mph back roads, testing to see where the speed limiter was set and some playing around at WOT.

thunaman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Subaru Outback
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ok gents, Here is my latest update on fuel economy. this past weekend we took a drive up north so the wife could see the fall colors. Before we left we filled up the tank so I could get the #'s from just that road trip.

Before we left my ODO was @ 1269.2 I put 11.947 gal in the tank and got 26.77 from that tank @ an average speed of 30.46MPH. this is probably a better indication of normal #'s for me as my commute is stop and go highway/city.

the trip was 231 miles RT from Peoria AZ to Prescott AZ. We drove up VIA the 89 aka the back way, did a little dirt road driving through the Bradshaw Mountains near Mt Union and came back to Peoria via Interstate 17. total elevation change of about 4,000ft.

I filled up the following Monday on my way to work after dropping my candy filled kiddo at school. ODO was @ 1500.4mi the truck took 7.872gal and the truck was running for 6.5hrs. so for the road trip I got 29.37 MPG (trip computer had me at 32) with an average speed of 35.57MPH

on a side note I wish there was an ability to select the transmission gear. In my past vehicles I heavily use lower gears going down hill to save my breaks from overheating. I tried using the "L" button but its not the same.
Sponsored