First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
BlakesCars2 found that both his Mavericks have the same issue w/ passenger door rattle, that he believes to be a simple design defect/oversight. "This is a great way to avoid going to the dealer to have that annoying "rattle" fixed, to inevitability just get the door panel replaced with one that will have the same issue."

Sponsored

mr_M0J0rzn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
BlakesCars2 found that both his Mavericks have the same issue w/ passenger door rattle, that he believes to be a simple design defect/oversight. "This is a great way to avoid going to the dealer to have that annoying "rattle" fixed, to inevitability just get the door panel replaced with one that will have the same issue."

Thanks for posting this. He describes the issue I’ve been having perfectly.

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think mine does this when volume is above #15 or so and it hits a bass resonance frequency. I’ll have to test again and then I might try this fix. I was thinking of maybe using weatherstrip caulk cord or whatever name they call it lately.

Strobe

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick, 2013 BMW M3
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My passenger door has periodically rattled with different bass frequencies. Sounds like I need to finally get around to fixing this. Mine is a lariat lux with the B&O. Any volume past 12-15 on certain songs can get the rattle going pretty good to the beat. Only noticed after fixing my rattle trap storage bins near the factory sub.

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

My passenger door has periodically rattled with different bass frequencies. Sounds like I need to finally get around to fixing this. Mine is a lariat lux with the B&O. Any volume past 12-15 on certain songs can get the rattle going pretty good to the beat. Only noticed after fixing my rattle trap storage bins near the factory sub.
I have the same issue. Dealer will be looking at it.

Sponsored

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Packing peanuts are not a good call. Sometimes, they have organic materials that can break down (turn rancid) and attract mice.

I’m glad he switched to a real sound absorbing material. I planned on doing the entire truck cab.

jermsco

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT fwd hybrid
Mine does this!
took it to the dealership and they held on to the truck for a week without giving me a ring due to and from or without a loaner! The resolution I got was “we can’t duplicate the issue so we can’t fix it”.

im still having issues with the driver seat changing height on its own depending on how it’s parked and now one of the back windows motor failed. On a trip now and the window is stuck down!!

sooo many issues with this freaking truck!

Goose20

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Have numerous rattles . Paint is horrible . Sound system is a complete joke.. Got great offer from Caravan ....Bye bye Maverick....

22Lariat

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have the same issue. Dealer will be looking at it.
Found mine. It was the window switch in the passenger door. It's very loose in its housing. Wrapped it in sound deadener. I think it's more holding it still than deadening anything but it's quiet now.

Reactions: bgn
Sponsored

nickcuban

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Found mine. It was the window switch in the passenger door. It's very loose in its housing. Wrapped it in sound deadener. I think it's more holding it still than deadening anything but it's quiet now.
Were you able to get it out without scratching it up?

My passenger door has a rattle that goes away when I lightly pull the the little cutout handle... so it could be the switch but also could be what the dude in the video is showing. I'd like to go path of least resistance first.

22Lariat

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Were you able to get it out without scratching it up?

My passenger door has a rattle that goes away when I lightly pull the the little cutout handle... so it could be the switch but also could be what the dude in the video is showing. I'd like to go path of least resistance first.
That sounds like what mine was doing. If you have plastic pry tools and are careful, you should get it without scratching it. I used my pry tool on the lower side of the switch plate, between the handle and the door panel. I did not pry, but put the pry bar in the seam and lifted kinda hard. I did not end up scratching it at all.

I first tried the method in the video, and that was not it for me. Once I pulled out the window switch and shook it, it was clear that was where the rattle was coming from.
Sponsored