First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered my Hybrid today. I'm not a graphics kind of guy but the "First Edition" thing in the middle of the hood looks pretty cool. Everything else about the truck is just the way I would have it if I were ordering it piecemeal.

EDIT - EDIT - EDIT ...

I was wrong.
Everything else about the truck was not the way I would have wanted it. It seems the interior is blue and brown rather than gray and brown as I at first thought it was. After looking at some photos of the interior all morning long I decided the blue and brown interior didn't look proper with rapid red and I changed my order to Alto Blue. That also meant giving up the First Edition package but that's OK, as I became less fond of the First Edition graphics as the day went on, and I don't really care one way or the other about a sunroof or black paint on the roof.

Now I'm going to find a new picture for my avatar and look for the Alto Blue club.
For your sake, I hope 😁 you don't find a picture of an Alto Blue, well, just saying!πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Insight, E350, Toyota Sequoia
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
nuff said..... :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored

jeffdeq

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fusion Platinum Energi, 2020 F150 King Ranch
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Great photos Admin.

This is my order:

Hybrid, Rapid Red, First Edition, Luxury Package, Copilot 360, plus a few miscellaneous accessories….MSRP $33605.
It would be nice to get it in December before Christmas. However, I’m guessing more like January.
I plan to flat tow it behind my RV. It will be taking the place of my other toy. I sold the Mustang because the resale price was so high.

Ford Maverick RAPID RED Maverick Photos / Club 183309CF-FCCF-4691-9D6A-25DB85F97E71

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Great photos Admin.

This is my order:

Hybrid, Rapid Red, First Edition, Luxury Package, Copilot 360, plus a few miscellaneous accessories….MSRP $33605.
It would be nice to get it in December before Christmas. However, I’m guessing more like January.
I plan to flat tow it behind my RV. It will be taking the place of my other toy. I sold the Mustang because the resale price was so high.

183309CF-FCCF-4691-9D6A-25DB85F97E71.jpeg
What is your MPG when towing?

jeffdeq

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What is your MPG when towing?
The RV gets around 8.5 MPG While towing. The car and trailer was 5200#. By flat towing with a tow bar my RV will see less weight on the RV’s rear axle. What I am waiting for now is to see which tow bar manufacturer comes up with the base plate first, and how will it protrude through the grill. Mr Boom has already given us a video on how to remove the front bumper. I may have to haul the Maverick on the car trailer until the tow bar parts are available for purchase. I’m leaning towards Roadmaster parts because they have a very good reputation. They are offering a free base plate to the first Maverick owner in Washington State who loans them their vehicle.

Sponsored

jeffdeq

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
you mean GPM?
Actually my RV has the newly released 7.3L gas V8 β€œGodzilla” engine and 6 speed automatic. It gets better fuel mileage than the old 6.8L V10 I had previously. The SOHC V10 was 7.5 mpg ALL the time. This new push rod V8 seems to get 9 to 10 mpg depending upon terrain and wind direction. It has a 24,000# chassis with 6.14 rear gears.

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The RV gets around 8.5 MPG While towing. The car and trailer was 5200#. By flat towing with a tow bar my RV will see less weight on the RV’s rear axle. What I am waiting for now is to see which tow bar manufacturer comes up with the base plate first, and how will it protrude through the grill. Mr Boom has already given us a video on how to remove the front bumper. I may have to haul the Maverick on the car trailer until the tow bar parts are available for purchase. I’m leaning towards Roadmaster parts because they have a very good reputation. They are offering a free base plate to the first Maverick owner in Washington State who loans them their vehicle.
That is fantastic. My Toyota Sequoia with a 4.7L V8 only gets around 9mpg when towing. You also answered my other question on if you had considered flat towing the Mav Hybrid.

jeffdeq

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That is fantastic. My Toyota Sequoia with a 4.7L V8 only gets around 9mpg when towing. You also answered my other question on if you had considered flat towing the Mav Hybrid.
Flat towing was my primary reason for selling the Mustang to buy the Maverick.