Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I know this isn't a ranger forum, but tail lights are being stolen off of Ford Rangers. It's because the high cost of replacement. This reminds me of the third row seats that were stolen out of yukons and tahoes several years ago. Easy to get to and high resale value. Be safe out there everyone.
Ford Maverick Ranger taillights stolen. Screenshot_20211101-082642_Nextdoor
Sponsored

Last edited:

Twixel Jackson

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hopefully the 1K or more cost for replacement LED headlights on the Maverick don't create a similar market. I am not sure how hard they are to remove but I am sure a thief wouldn't hesitate to pry open the hood and damage it as well while getting out the headlights. SMH

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well, I guess the locking tailgate on the Maverick XLT and Lariat now has another use. Prevent tail light theft. Just now have to remember to keep it locked.

Platinum2

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I know this isn't a ranger for him, but tail lights are being stolen off of Ford rangers. It's because the high cost of replacement. This reminds me of the third row seats that were stolen out of yukons and tahoes several years ago. Easy to get to and high resale value. Be safe out there everyone.
Screenshot_20211101-082642_Nextdoor.jpg
Another reason cars belong in garages. "But, it doesn't fit!" Sorry, thieves don't care. Makes their job easier.....and our insurance premiums higher. 😡

OP
OP
Dallas Maverick

Dallas Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Another reason cars belong in garages. "But, it doesn't fit!" Sorry, thieves don't care. Makes their job easier.....and our insurance premiums higher. 😡
I absolutely agree with you they should be in garages. It's a partial solution though. Here in Dallas, 3rd Row seats were stolen out of cars while people were out shopping and catalytic converters when people were at work. Thieves are pretty brazen these days.

I also assume this is why the catalytic on the Maverick is more integrated. I makes it harder to steal.

TSAINTS1115

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My hot rods are in the garage.
Sponsored