Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Spoke to Rally Innovations about these after seeing them on IG. They’re prototypes undergoing real world testing for the next couple months according to them. Best looking solution for the FX4 I’ve seen so far

Ford Maverick Rally Innovations Fog Lights in the works B5AB5EA5-7D56-45C1-B721-2930B01080F0
Sponsored

DavesMav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
I'd prefer the mount/plate to fill the entire patterned area as well as be tapered to straighten out the beam patterns, but I suppose that's just extra material & cost with marginal return. Also, mounting to the valance like that could make them susceptible to theft? (nothing a few tamper-pruf fasteners couldn't resolve though I suppose). This does seem like a simple and clean approach though, curious how much $$$.

JJC made brackets for FX4 models that mount a single light in that exact location, I haven't seen anyone here install or share pictures yet though. Per a Facebook comment, he had an FX4 valance in route to finalize everything but that was right about the time his Maverick was wacked IIRC.

OP
OP
mdl20813

mdl20813

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I'd prefer the mount/plate to fill the entire patterned area as well as be tapered to straighten out the beam patterns, but I suppose that's just extra material & cost with marginal return. Also, mounting to the valance like that could make them susceptible to theft? (nothing a few tamper-pruf fasteners couldn't resolve though I suppose). This does seem like a simple and clean approach though, curious how much $$$.

JJC made brackets for FX4 models that mount a single light in that exact location, I haven't seen anyone here install or share pictures yet though. Per a Facebook comment, he had an FX4 valance in route to finalize everything but that was right about the time his Maverick was wacked IIRC.
yeah I know he finished the FX4 pieces and they’re in my Etsy cart. Personally I just like the look of the Rally Innovations setup a bit more than just using edge trim around the hole being cut. Based on the full set of pics posted to IG I do also think the RI setup is tapered to direct the beam.

I’d expect it to be roughly inline with their other conversion kits around $350ish depending on which Baja Designs lights are being used

DavesMav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
yeah I know he finished the FX4 pieces and they’re in my Etsy cart. Personally I just like the look of the Rally Innovations setup a bit more than just using edge trim around the hole being cut. Based on the full set of pics posted to IG I do also think the RI setup is tapered to direct the beam.

I’d expect it to be roughly inline with their other conversion kits around $350ish depending on which Baja Designs lights are being used
Agreed. Per the previously referenced Facebook post, lens/bezel kits were originally in his plans but hard to prototype without a vehicle so he was selling off brackets with edge trim and not making any more after selling out the batch. Doesn't look like he's in the group anymore, shame.

Anyways, back to the Rally brackets, they definitely don't look tapered. Looks like the lights are flush with the valance, which would point the beam patterns outward like the lights in this post.

I'm surprised someone hasn't just used these Rigid angled brackets and tamper-pruf hardware. This would surely achieve a rather flush mount and likely straighten out the beam patterns. The bumper is pretty angled just outside of the tow hooks. Maybe these are too wide to fit that area?

Ford Maverick Rally Innovations Fog Lights in the works 1659992866789
Ford Maverick Rally Innovations Fog Lights in the works 1659992883318

DavesMav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
One almost could get creative and reverse install the angled Rigid brackets to tuck the lights behind the valance? Just a thought, maybe it wouldn't look as clean as I'm imaging.

Sponsored

OP
OP
mdl20813

mdl20813

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Maybe it’s the angle of the pics but the left and right edges of the plates look like they are different thickness and angle to me

Ford Maverick Rally Innovations Fog Lights in the works ACA0AAB2-F9BE-4CDC-9D5F-C58ACBE95AD6

The Rigid stuff looks like it could be an interesting option too

MikeA131

Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
This looks great 👍 definitely interested

OP
OP
mdl20813

mdl20813

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I asked Rally Innovations for an update and they said they had no news to share. Hope they are still road testing and haven’t just abandoned bringing these to market

VRausch

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT EB 4K Tow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I asked Rally Innovations for an update and they said they had no news to share. Hope they are still road testing and haven’t just abandoned bringing these to market
I sent an inquiry awhile ago and didn't hear back. Been checking the site regularly too. Hope they are still in the works as it looked like a fantastic option.

jesemd

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If someone had a cnc machine those would be fairly easy to produce. An early 2000s mustang fog light is the same diameter as the RI lights and much cheaper.

Sponsored

Deadangels84

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If someone had a cnc machine those would be fairly easy to produce. An early 2000s mustang fog light is the same diameter as the RI lights and much cheaper.
Couldn't something be 3d printed like this?

Deadangels84

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Would definitely be a bad decision if they decided not to manufacture. Look around at all the posts about fog lights on the forums. They'd make a killing from all of us wanting to add fogs. Especially if they're somewhat factory looking. Hopefully someone there is paying attention to all the noise.
I've been holding out hoping to find a solution like this...this is the closest I've seen.

jesemd

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Couldn't something be 3d printed like this?
Yes. If you had a scanner to create a 3D model and the ability to print in an automotive grade, UV stable material. If I start a gofundme page to buy a scanner and printer is everyone on board?

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes. If you had a scanner to create a 3D model and the ability to print in an automotive grade, UV stable material. If I start a gofundme page to buy a scanner and printer is everyone on board?
Unfortunately I think everyone wants to become a 3D print professional raking in the money these days. So rather than releasing a scan for people to build on or selling a file for a reasonable price people can modify themself they want to sell their printed version for $50+ a pop on Etsy or whatever.

KSC Grey Ghost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I hope they will some come out with some for Hybrids or maybe the Ridgid adapter will work ?? 🤔. To me Rally and Ridgid are the only two that look good 👍😊
Ford Maverick Rally Innovations Fog Lights in the works IMG_20220925_145627863_HDR~2
Sponsored