DuffCon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Ascent
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So like an excited kid I got my new Mav home and tried to race some rain by installing my Modular bedliner. For the most part is was fine and it didn't rain too hard.

One part the concerned me was the rain and the adhesive strip on the front panel. I cleaned the bulkhead with alcohol beforehand and wiped it again to make sure there wasn't too much water and pushed it hard per the instructions.

I'm hoping the adhesive holds; as a precaution, I covered the area with plastic in the hopes that keeping the water off will help.
Sponsored

unclerunkle

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Marquis
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Don't overthink it; I'm sure it's fine. Worst case scenario it needs to dry and be pressed down again for it to stick better. Main thing is that you cleaned the surface

OP
OP
DuffCon

DuffCon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Ascent
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So today I came out and it had popped off. One issue is that the shape of the top bows out slightly. I pressed it back on so hopefully it sticks. I’m going to contact ford accessories and see if they have an idea. Worst case I can pull the front panel and work on bending it straight before applying again. This is one issue with the modular liner; I wish they used a clip or something else to secure the top.
Sponsored