Sponsored

Questions about Missouri Truck registration.

DavidS

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Kia Forte
Hello, i'm new to the forum and will soon be new to truck ownership. I live in Missouri and have a couple of questions about registering the Maverick. For reference, I ordered an Area 51 XL fwd with the 2.0 ecoboost and the 4k tow package.

1. Is the Maverick truly a truck under Missouri law? It's a unibody FWD (at least mine will be) vehicle.

2. What do the different types of truck licenses mean? I'll have to choose 6,000 lbs, 12,000 lbs, or 18,000 lbs and "local" or "beyond local".

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks, DavidS
Sponsored

Hot Runr Guy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Edge SEL, 2024 Lariat AWD BAP 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This should help explain. Interesting, the base vehicle weighs about 3700-3800#, so without the 4K tow package you'd be under 6000#, but with you could be near 8000#.

HRG

Ford Maverick Questions about Missouri Truck registration. Mo truck plates2.JPG

Ford Maverick Questions about Missouri Truck registration. MO truck plates.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP

DavidS

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Kia Forte
This should help explain. Interesting, the base vehicle weighs about 3700-3800#, so without the 4K tow package you'd be under 6000#, but with you could be near 8000#.

HRG

Mo truck plates2.JPG

MO truck plates.JPG
Can you explain what local and beyond local mean?

HRG

Mo truck plates2.JPG

MO truck plates.JPG
Thanks. That helps.

SpacemanSpiff

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tyreese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-15 Eagle
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Can you explain what local and beyond local mean?

Thanks. That helps.
FYI, you only register a truck using that table if it is a commercial truck. The local and beyond is for the business use of a commercial truck. How far within the state of Missouri will it be used by the company for company business?

So a lawn care business using a Maverick may have to register as a commercial truck, but if you are using it as a personal vehicle, then it falls in the same category as every other passenger vehicle as far as licensing is concerned. My F100 is licensed as a passenger vehicle, for example.

WPWilson

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I also am in Missouri. I plan to use our personalized plate from her car on the new Maverick.
Sponsored