Sponsored

Questioning my Dealership and worried about my order

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Crosstrek
Hello all,

I ordered my Maverick on June 16th in-store. The salesman and I went through the build on their computer, printed out the paperwork, I signed and paid my deposit all that day. I knew there was going to be some chaos and I would have to wait to hear any information, but at this point, I am highly skeptical. It is now August 3rd, I have sent emails back and forth with the salesman since that date, and I keep getting a lot of non-answers. I have yet to receive a confirmation email from Ford for putting down the deposit. I also pretty much only get the same answer, "We are waiting for Ford to pick up orders from our store". So I have a couple of questions:

1. Did everyone get an email sent to them from Ford after putting their deposit down?
2. What has your level or communication/amount of emails you have received after putting your deposit down? (this is a little subjective, but would allow me to compare my situation with others)
3. Would I get my deposit back if I canceled my order?

I am a patient person, but I also like to stay informed, especially with a purchase like this. At this point, I am very close to canceling my order. Outside of this forum, I am totally in the dark about what is going on.

Any insight from this great group would be awesome. Thanks.
Sponsored

Ryldrin

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid Hot Pepper Red
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My dealership didn't require a deposit, so I can't really speak on that. I did get an email from Ford confirming my order. I imagine Ford doesn't get your deposit, that would stay with the dealership, so I doubt you'd get any emails from Ford for that. As for the deposit being refundable, I've heard of some dealerships having refundable deposits and some doing non-refundable. You'd just have to talk to the manager at your dealership if your sales rep isn't being helpful.

Hopefully someone who did have to place a deposit sees this and might have better information for you.

sjJohnny

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat, Bronco Black Diamond
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Do you have an order number? Even if not, I'd call Ford tomorrow and confirm that they have your order. 1-800-334-4375

1. Not everyone
2. Mine has been excellent, but then I went with an out of town dealer that specializes in good service.
3. Between you and your dealer. The deposit went to the dealer, not Ford.

asel3121

First Name
Asel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro
Engine
Undecided
I ordered mine via text/email with a dealer 4 hours away (local guys were a disaster). No paperwork to sign or $ down needed. The guy is tight with my cousin and he took care of everything very quickly. Feels like months have gone by but it's only been 11 days. I reached out to ask about those confirmation emails (haven't gotten mine, either) from Ford but haven't heard anything yet. I want this truck so badly asap but I'm fine with having more time to add to what I plan to deposit.

Leand60

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hello all,

I ordered my Maverick on June 16th in-store. The salesman and I went through the build on their computer, printed out the paperwork, I signed and paid my deposit all that day. I knew there was going to be some chaos and I would have to wait to hear any information, but at this point, I am highly skeptical. It is now August 3rd, I have sent emails back and forth with the salesman since that date, and I keep getting a lot of non-answers. I have yet to receive a confirmation email from Ford for putting down the deposit. I also pretty much only get the same answer, "We are waiting for Ford to pick up orders from our store". So I have a couple of questions:

1. Did everyone get an email sent to them from Ford after putting their deposit down?
2. What has your level or communication/amount of emails you have received after putting your deposit down? (this is a little subjective, but would allow me to compare my situation with others)

I am a patient person, but I also like to stay informed, especially with a purchase like this. At this point, I am very close to canceling my order. Outside of this forum, I am totally in the dark about what is going on.

I was in the same situation with my dealer. I called Ford and they confirmed my order was placed. They told me about 75% of buyers did not get confirmation emails from Ford.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Crosstrek
I was in the same situation with my dealer. I called Ford and they confirmed my order was placed. They told me about 75% of buyers did not get confirmation emails from Ford.
Thank you for responding! I know that everyone is having different experiences, but it is nice to have someone here that had the exact same experience. I will give Ford a call tomorrow. Did you just give them your name, or is there more information they will need?

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Crosstrek
I ordered mine via text/email with a dealer 4 hours away (local guys were a disaster). No paperwork to sign or $ down needed. The guy is tight with my cousin and he took care of everything very quickly. Feels like months have gone by but it's only been 11 days. I reached out to ask about those confirmation emails (haven't gotten mine, either) from Ford but haven't heard anything yet. I want this truck so badly asap but I'm fine with having more time to add to what I plan to deposit.
Sounds like you got a good setup going. Thanks for responding!

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Crosstrek
Do you have an order number? Even if not, I'd call Ford tomorrow and confirm that they have your order. 1-800-334-4375

1. Not everyone
2. Mine has been excellent, but then I went with an out of town dealer that specializes in good service.
3. Between you and your dealer. The deposit went to the dealer, not Ford.
I appreciate you offering the help! I will give that number a call tomorrow and see if I can find out more information.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Crosstrek
My dealership didn't require a deposit, so I can't really speak on that. I did get an email from Ford confirming my order. I imagine Ford doesn't get your deposit, that would stay with the dealership, so I doubt you'd get any emails from Ford for that. As for the deposit being refundable, I've heard of some dealerships having refundable deposits and some doing non-refundable. You'd just have to talk to the manager at your dealership if your sales rep isn't being helpful.

Hopefully someone who did have to place a deposit sees this and might have better information for you.
I appreciate you sharing your insight! I will see if I can find out anything more tomorrow.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
Hello all,

I placed Original order on 10 June and received an email from Ford within 5 minutes.
On 22 July I canceled the first order and placed a new order with a different dealer. I received an email from Ford with 5 minutes.

I had NO communication from my local dealer and that was primary reason for canceling.
I have had excellent communication from my new dealer. Great price and follow-ups.

I had to make a $500 deposit at local dealer (first order). I wrote a check and they stapled it to the order. When I canceled it, he handed me my check back.
New order hasn't required a deposit yet but he will. Once my order is scheduled he will require deposit. The reason, I am having the Maverick Drop Shipped to a dealer in Florida for delivery. My new dealer is is Pennsyvania. The reason is if I don't buy the Maverick when it arrives and walk away, he will use the deposit to ship the vehicle to Pennsylvania, the dealer that actually owns the truck.

So that is my experience. Oh, one more thing. When I go to Ford.com and log into my account, it shows I have NO Reservations or Orders. I called Customer Service and they told me there are a lot of people that it shows no reservations or orders. She confirmed I DO have a Maverick on order. Plus I have the email from Ford as well. So I was happy.

Hope this helps.

Sponsored

Leand60

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thank you for responding! I know that everyone is having different experiences, but it is nice to have someone here that had the exact same experience. I will give Ford a call tomorrow. Did you just give them your name, or is there more information they will need?
You need your order number. It's on the order your dealer placed. If you don't have a copy, contact your dealer. I had to ask 3 different people to get mine.

Pringles70

First Name
Kat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Fiesta
Hello all,

I am with you, communication is very important to me. I don’t really like my salesman and am seriously considering asking the sales manager to make someone else my dealer contact. It should not take a week to respond to a simple emailed question, even if that answer is “nothing has changed yet “ for instance

06Warrior

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Person
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' HD Road Glide, 22’ Sporster S
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered thru Chapman with Tom by email. Signed the DORA and sent it back by email.

Maybe 10 mins later got an email from Ford with my order confirmation.

After that you will get separate emails for the following:

You will receive email notifications when your vehicle is:[

[*]Scheduled for Production – all necessary parts are secured, and your order has been placed in the production schedule.
[*]Built – your vehicle has been built, and we will let you know of the estimated arrival date at your dealership.
[*]Shipped – your vehicle has been shipped, is on its way to your dealership, and we’ll include the latest estimated arrival date.

Last edited:

MtnLuv

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm in same boat with communication lacking from Ford. No confirmation email or anything. I called and they did confirm my order is on file but it doesn't show online in my account either. Guess I'm part of the 75%. My wife has a Bronco on order and we've received Emails from Ford on it and it also shows in her account online. As long as I get the mini-truck by Halloween I'll be fine.

Art_Vandelay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid Lariat, Subaru WRX
I’m not sure why you guys get so worked up over knowing exactly where your truck is in the pipeline. It will show up at your dealer when it shows up and they will definitely let you know when it does because they like selling cars. It’s kinda the business they’re in ya know?
Sponsored