2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hey all,

I have seen posts of lowered suspension as well as suspension lifts.
I don’t really need a different ride height, but find my XLT hybrid’s suspension too stiff and not well damped.
Can anyone say whether their newly lowered or raised suspension rides softer now? I realize the awd’s different rear suspension may ride better than my torsion beam. Looking for a way to improve the ride quality.
Thanks!
Sponsored

OP
OP
jtpc2021

jtpc2021

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Or maybe a different tire would help? Just a thought.

ThisWas

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid, 2021 RAV4 Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Have you checked the air pressure in your tires?

My XL Hybrid is neither raised nor lowered, but when I reduced tire pressure 10% from 41psi to 37psi, that made a noticeable improvement in ride comfort.

Rojo

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT, Alto Blue, AWD Eco-Boost, Lux
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Something I did that wasn't obvious, I was having trouble with my seat being really uncomfortable when driving, I tried a few different things and it didn't help, I then on accident when trying to lean the seat up adjusted the "stiffness" of the seat. I believe it is supposed to be a ride height adjustment but it made the seat feel much more comfortable and sits a little lower. It is less jarring for sure. I have an XLT Lux with the power adjustable seats though so I'm not sure if you have that option.

Scott Asheville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD XLT ECO LUX CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The tires will make a huge difference. Smaller wheels means more tire sidewall, meaning a softer and more compliant ride. Also the make of tire makes a huge difference. As in soft vs hard tread, and tread patterns, and just the internal design of the tire.

So I'd start with some nice road tires.

Sponsored

bigbicep24

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2020 Ford Transit , 1965 Chevelle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I changed to 245/65/17 Toyo open country III tires. The lugs on the tires makes for a much softer ride.

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, AWD, 4K tow, 2.0L EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hey all,

I have seen posts of lowered suspension as well as suspension lifts.
I don’t really need a different ride height, but find my XLT hybrid’s suspension too stiff and not well damped.
Can anyone say whether their newly lowered or raised suspension rides softer now? I realize the awd’s different rear suspension may ride better than my torsion beam. Looking for a way to improve the ride quality.
Thanks!
Better shocks might help. Assuming you have a hybrid like your sig. says the part number for hybrid rear shocks is NZ6Z18125D

You'd need the specs on them or that number to cross reference against other brands what should fit the 2.5L hybrid Maverick.

OP
OP
jtpc2021

jtpc2021

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Have you checked the air pressure in your tires?

My XL Hybrid is neither raised nor lowered, but when I reduced tire pressure 10% from 41psi to 37psi, that made a noticeable improvement in ride comfort.
35 psi is recommended on my current tires. They are sitting at 31 psi at the moment.

As others have mentioned on here, maybe I should try a different tire that will have softer sidewall. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
As far as shocks goes if you decide to change the rear shocks you'll probably want to stick to twin tube shocks which already come standard since they tend to be better for overall ride quality on regular roads. Just you'll want to look into better performing ones than the motorcraft shocks that come with the truck.

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
35 psi is recommended on my current tires. They are sitting at 31 psi at the moment.

As others have mentioned on here, maybe I should try a different tire that will have softer sidewall. 🤷🏼‍♂️
Temperature also plays a factor on with the PSI. That 35 PSI is for cold tire pressure. Usually a good rule of thumb for every 10 degree F the PSI will change by 1 PSI except when you get into sub zero temps then they will deflate even greater than 1 psi.

With that said for this time of year your tires should be around 37 - 38 PSI assuming 70 F or so daytime temps.

Put some air in them that will definitely help somewhat with the ride.

Sponsored

ShadowChas

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So I’m guessing that you are one like many of us that didn’t get to “test” drive beforehand & maybe not anything close to your prior vehicle was. The hybrid with the continental tires and recommended pressures should be about as forgiving as any “truck-like” ride possible, since this is basically an suv that carries stuff in the bed. You may be able to try another size +1 on any tire site like tire rack, etc. I wish you well on your search for softer ride.

blackb13

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Bumping this thread up instead of creating a new one as I'm also looking for a softer ride. I've driven multiple trucks and the Maverick (at least the hybrid) just seems over damped.

Has anyone with the Eibach springs noticed an improvement in ride quality?

I'm guessing the Tremor's suspension would provide for a much more forgiving ride, but I don't think the rear setup would work with the torsion beam.

Pmish

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Bumping this thread up instead of creating a new one as I'm also looking for a softer ride. I've driven multiple trucks and the Maverick (at least the hybrid) just seems over damped.

Has anyone with the Eibach springs noticed an improvement in ride quality?

I'm guessing the Tremor's suspension would provide for a much more forgiving ride, but I don't think the rear setup would work with the torsion beam.
I’m in the same boat. On the highway and smooth roads it’s ok. But driving around locally on roads with any kind of bumps and it gets tiring.
Sponsored