First Name
Kip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Found a set of bronco sport wheels with tires that I'm gonna replace my steelies with on my Maverick. Wonder if I can just mount them on directly without balancing or re-balancing them. Advice?
Sponsored

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Where they correctly balanced when they were removed?

No need to rebalance moving from vehicle to vehicle unless you suspect an issue.

Good luck

OP
OP
Maverick2023

Maverick2023

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Where they correctly balanced when they were removed?

No need to rebalance moving from vehicle to vehicle unless you suspect an issue.

Good luck
if they came off factory on a bronco sport then I could just swap? any issue with that?

Stimpy433

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mavrick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There won’t be any issues

Sponsored

Stimpy433

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mavrick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
do you think I can swap the tpms sensors from my steelies and put them on the bronco wheels or get a new set?
Either way, depends if you are going to run your Steelies during the winter. If not, then just have a tire place swap them out to the bronco wheels.

Pirategrad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Clem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
do you think I can swap the tpms sensors from my steelies and put them on the bronco wheels or get a new set?
If they are going to unmount the tires to swap your TPMS sensors or put in new ones, you might as well take the extra step to rebalance. Even if they mark the tire where the air valve/sensor was located, the swapping may affect the tire balance. Not sure where you‘re getting the work done but some tire shops like Discount Tire, you can have them do the swap and for a few bucks more buy the lifetime rotate and balance. You can also buy new sensors on Amazon which may be cheaper than what some tire shops charge for their “OEM” versions. I did this with an Xterra I had. Worked out pretty good.

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Found a set of bronco sport wheels with tires that I'm gonna replace my steelies with on my Maverick. Wonder if I can just mount them on directly without balancing or re-balancing them. Advice?
Where did you get the Bronco sport wheels?

HTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-V
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If they are going to unmount the tires to swap your TPMS sensors or put in new ones, you might as well take the extra step to rebalance. Even if they mark the tire where the air valve/sensor was located, the swapping may affect the tire balance. Not sure where you‘re getting the work done but some tire shops like Discount Tire, you can have them do the swap and for a few bucks more buy the lifetime rotate and balance. You can also buy new sensors on Amazon which may be cheaper than what some tire shops charge for their “OEM” versions. I did this with an Xterra I had. Worked out pretty good.
Good tips. I’ll be looking at doing this soon (hopefully).

Rivers90

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Tremor, Xterra, Miata
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Be sure you have the right lug nuts for the wheels. BS lug nuts will not fit on the Mav, and Mav lug nuts may be wrong for those rims. There was a post with a link to ones that would work.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Maverick2023

Maverick2023

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well as it seems it would cost me up to $250 to just install and mount these wheels. I'm keeping my steelies on for now.

dano0726

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep JK Wrangler Sport
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wish Ford would have had an all terrain tire option (for the XL steelies) -- I've seen some pics, and the steelies look changes dramatically (with a P245 A/T tire...)
Sponsored