Sponsored

Question on Moving/ Rolling a Dead [Hybrid] Maverick ...

MAVRICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Any
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
@fordvideoguy
@KevCuRaoi
@Ford Motor Company

For a Hybrid ... assume vehicle is in the "P" [Park] position on the rotary shift dial and the vehicle is completely dead [no power anywhere and you don't have a portable jump starter or any other source of emergency external power to power boost the 12V battery] ... how do you shift the vehicle into "N" [Neutral] so that it can be rolled out of a compromised situation? - say it is dead on a busy road and it needs to be pushed/ moved/ rolled to a safer location.
Sponsored

Last edited:

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
@fordvideoguy
@KevCuRaoi
@Ford Motor Company

For a Hybrid ... assume vehicle is in the "P" [Park] position on the rotary shift dial and the vehicle is completely dead [no power anywhere and you don't have a portable jump starter or any other source of emergency external power to power boost the 12V battery] ... how do you shift the vehicle into "N" [Neutral] so that it can be rolled out of a compromised situation? - say it is dead on a busy road and it needs to be pushed/ moved/ rolled to a safer location.

I looked through the owner's manual.... looks like you will need power supply to do that.

There are some instructions for manual release of parking brake...but owner's manual indicates that this is for gas Mavericks, not hybrids.

I browsed through the workshop manual and couldn't find anything else relevant. Maybe someone more knowledgeable than me will have more info.

Attachments

OP
OP

MAVRICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Any
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I looked through the owner's manual.... looks like you will need power supply to do that.

There are some instructions for manual release of parking brake...but owner's manual indicates that this is for gas Mavericks, not hybrids.

I browsed through the workshop manual and couldn't find anything else relevant. Maybe someone more knowledgeable than me will have more info.
Thanks. Yes, there does not seem to be a way to "mechanically" shift from "P" - to - "N' with a dead Maverick Hybrid. I think this is a SAFETY issue that FOMOCO needs to provide/ publish a procedure to tackle the issue.

Ford Maverick Question on Moving/ Rolling a Dead [Hybrid] Maverick ... 1684858712363

@Ford Motor Company
Sponsored

Last edited: