First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ranger 2017 fiesta
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
hard drop in bed liner? Does EVERY Maverick Model,(XL,XLT,LARIAT) have to do a DIY cut out on their liner to get to use the 12V connections?
Sponsored

bigbicep24

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2020 Ford Transit , 1965 Chevelle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had the same issue. I was going to have the dealer local do it. But he didn’t get back with me for 3 weeks just to give me an answer.
All you have to do is remove the sides of the drop in. On the back it is marked in where to cut.
I used a fine tooth body saw and than filed the edges.
Not hard to do and a lot less hassle than the dealer.
Than they wonder why dealers will be non existent in the future?

CSmith

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4, 2020 F150 XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
hard drop in bed liner? Does EVERY Maverick Model,(XL,XLT,LARIAT) have to do a DIY cut out on their liner to get to use the 12V connections?
If you plan on using your 12v connection early on then you can complete that mod and not have to cut out the 12v opening in the liner. I plan on not cutting that opening because I will add a 12v and USB plug set first. If I decide to tap the other 12v line I can easily remove the one side, pull the connector, and replace the side. I don't find the need to access those connectors that great to cut a hole in the liner for it.

OP
OP

scmtam

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ranger 2017 fiesta
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thx for your thoughts

OP
OP

scmtam

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ranger 2017 fiesta
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had the same issue. I was going to have the dealer local do it. But he didn’t get back with me for 3 weeks just to give me an answer.
All you have to do is remove the sides of the drop in. On the back it is marked in where to cut.
I used a fine tooth body saw and than filed the edges.
Not hard to do and a lot less hassle than the dealer.
Than they wonder why dealers will be non existent in the future?
THX I see my dealer Tuesday for 2 parts to be replaced . Hope to have an answer about the holes by then. Maybe it's me but, EVERY thing I have seen on the internet for the XL shows all the holes cut out. NEVER have I seen a mention of a DIY cut out. ( sounds like ford )

Sponsored

HalfFast

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
So, if I ordered the XLT luxury package that comes with the 110v outlet in the bed do they just put the hard drop in liner over the outlet so I have to remove the side and cut it myself or is that something they do at the factory when they install the liner?

Knine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SS
Engine
Undecided
So, if I ordered the XLT luxury package that comes with the 110v outlet in the bed do they just put the hard drop in liner over the outlet so I have to remove the side and cut it myself or is that something they do at the factory when they install the liner?
It is cut out. The thread is talking about the two accessory plugs by the tailgate (near rear edge of the liner sides) which are covered.

OP
OP

scmtam

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ranger 2017 fiesta
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It is cut out. The thread is talking about the two accessory plugs by the tailgate (near rear edge of the liner sides) which are covered.
There is also the other side with the extra storage. THAT is covered also.

OP
OP

scmtam

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ranger 2017 fiesta
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don't know. BUT, if they cut out for the XLT, WHY not the XL? It's the same dam side panel. I have been calling Ford customer service, relations, part accessories.....NOBODY seems to know the answer. Also, if you have the 110v cutout, shouldn't yoe have the 2- 12v and storage cut out? If you find any answers, please let me know.

KenT

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda CRV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
See the instructions for DIY installation of the box liner here:
https://www.fordservicecontent.com/...CMY_Maverick_Modular_Drop_In_Bedliner_Kit.pdf
Note that on page 10 of 19 s,states:
• If equipped with a bed extender (3), eDIY switch (4), power to the box (5) on driver side or storage compartment (5) on passenger side,you will have to trim the sidewall liner following the scribe marks prior to installation.

Sponsored

Daveo89

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford has been failing to cut the 12v pigtail plug as noted in many previous posts, definitely an oversight at the factory. If your dealer will cut it, then great. As far as the cubbies, if you have the cubby or inverter then the factory will cutout for what you have, if you only have covers the the panel is left whole. I can't remember if the base XL comes with the cubby or not.

OP
OP

scmtam

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ranger 2017 fiesta
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford has been failing to cut the 12v pigtail plug as noted in many previous posts, definitely an oversight at the factory. If your dealer will cut it, then great. As far as the cubbies, if you have the cubby or inverter then the factory will cutout for what you have, if you only have covers the the panel is left whole. I can't remember if the base XL comes with the cubby or not.
Thx for the reply. I have not seen any previous posts on this. Dealer did say they will cut it, but they will not guarantee the work. Curious as to where you got your info. , if you don't mind.

Daveo89

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thx for the reply. I have not seen any previous posts on this. Dealer did say they will cut it, but they will not guarantee the work. Curious as to where you got your info. , if you don't mind.
9 months of scrolling through posts of photo evidence 🤣😭 I remember when the drop in's were no longer constrained and started rolling out there were a lot of complaints of the 12v pigtail plug being covered, seems to pop up every now and then, probably most don't even know its there. As far as the cubbies, on the XLTs I've seen the left side without the inverter delivered without a cutout. I would imagine if you don't have a cubby on the right the factory isn't cutting that either. That said, I can't remember if the cubby is standard on the XL or an option, but I definitely call bullshit of Ford for the 12v access being covered, it's such a brochure selling point then they block your access.

FlyingScot

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Eco Lux FX4 4K CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes they do the cut out for the Left and right cubby’s (inverter and storage). XLT Lux. Had to do the cutouts myself for the 12v and bed extender on both sides. Some have not cutout the bed extender and put the mounts on over the plastic which probably works fine.

Ford Maverick Question on hard drop in bed liner D547C129-C2B0-4F75-B39F-A4134117E840

OP
OP

scmtam

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ranger 2017 fiesta
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
9 months of scrolling through posts of photo evidence 🤣😭 I remember when the drop in's were no longer constrained and started rolling out there were a lot of complaints of the 12v pigtail plug being covered, seems to pop up every now and then, probably most don't even know its there. As far as the cubbies, on the XLTs I've seen the left side without the inverter delivered without a cutout. I would imagine if you don't have a cubby on the right the factory isn't cutting that either. That said, I can't remember if the cubby is standard on the XL or an option, but I definitely call bullshit of Ford for the 12v access being covered, it's such a brochure selling point then they block your access.
Sponsored