Sponsored

Question for Hoosier Maverick XLT owners….

mr mojo risen

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2020 VW Passat, 2015 Nissan Sentra
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
On Sat Apr 16, I went to my local license branch to register my Mav with the BMV.

Wednesday/Thursday this past week my official Indiana title came in the mail. I was stoked…. Until I saw that the title said that my truck was a “Maverick XL”. I then checked my temporary registration and it also said Maverick XL.

No offense at all to anyone who owns an XL, but I want my vehicle to accurately reflect what I own. My VW Passat title accurately states that mine is an “SEL” model

So I go back to my license branch again yesterday morning, and it took 30-35 minutes to straighten this out. The branch manager had to step in and work directly on my request.

If I understood her correctly, the problem originated with the vehicle’s Certificate of Origin; apparently it didn’t explicitly state it was an XLT model. She also said that from a valuation standpoint, the BMV charges the same excise tax rate for either the XL or the XLT.

I’m pretty indifferent what my registration says but I definitely care what it says on the title, especially for down the road if and when I ever sell or trade this truck in. I ultimately have this taken care of, but I had to pay $24.50 for a corrected title and registration.

Sorry for the long post but wanted to see if any of you XLT owners have had this same issue, and also give you a heads up when you register / title your truck.
Sponsored

Rflick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Buick Encore + ordered Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
On Sat Apr 16, I went to my local license branch to register my Mav with the BMV.

Wednesday/Thursday this past week my official Indiana title came in the mail. I was stoked…. Until I saw that the title said that my truck was a “Maverick XL”. I then checked my temporary registration and it also said Maverick XL.

No offense at all to anyone who owns an XL, but I want my vehicle to accurately reflect what I own. My VW Passat title accurately states that mine is an “SEL” model

So I go back to my license branch again yesterday morning, and it took 30-35 minutes to straighten this out. The branch manager had to step in and work directly on my request.

If I understood her correctly, the problem originated with the vehicle’s Certificate of Origin; apparently it didn’t explicitly state it was an XLT model. She also said that from a valuation standpoint, the BMV charges the same excise tax rate for either the XL or the XLT.

I’m pretty indifferent what my registration says but I definitely care what it says on the title, especially for down the road if and when I ever sell or trade this truck in. I ultimately have this taken care of, but I had to pay $24.50 for a corrected title and registration.

Sorry for the long post but wanted to see if any of you XLT owners have had this same issue, and also give you a heads up when you register / title your truck.
We just received our Maverick a week ago and will be registering it within the next 2 weeks so a big thanks for the heads up information. We will go over it carefully before signing off. Does Indiana charge more for our hybrids?

OP
OP
mr mojo risen

mr mojo risen

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
We just received our Maverick a week ago and will be registering it within the next 2 weeks so a big thanks for the heads up information. We will go over it carefully before signing off. Does Indiana charge more for our hybrids?
You’re welcome. Actually they do charge more. On my first visit on the 16th, the gentleman handling my registration asked if my truck was a hybrid - mine is not. Anyway, he mentioned that IN applies a $50 surcharge on hybrid vehicles, apparently due to their improved fuel economy.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I hope you enjoy your new truck.

Last edited:
OP
OP
mr mojo risen

mr mojo risen

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My corrected title came in the mail today…. It correctly says “Maverick XLT”.

The box for the model on my Maverick registration actually is blank. Like I said in my OP, not that important.
Sponsored