First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a quick question some might have an answer to. I vaguely remember reading a post about a FL resident who bought from Chapman getting all of the tax/tag/title stuff out of the way before picking up the truck. I could be completely wrong about this - but is it possible to get a tag before heading up to Philly area to drive back down? Obviously I know the paperwork etc. is done before hand from Chapman via email - but I am just wondering if it is possible. I assume the title would take a little while, but specifically asking about the tag?
Sponsored

Subsailortrainman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No. You will be issued a temporary paper tag from the dealership. Depending on the state you live in, getting it titled and registered may be fairly easy to damn near impossible. some states just want a bill of sale, and others require an original copy of the declaration of independence. My son bought a travel trailer about 8 months ago, and has not been able to get it registered in South Carolina because evidently Ohio and South Carolina refuse to talk to each other!!

Ottocycle

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' RS6 Avant, 14' CTS-V Wagon, 87' BMW 535is
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Second on the no. I bought my RS6 in Georgia. Had the dealership handle everything. They gave me GA temp tag; got my title and new tag in the mail from Florida DMV.

Xbbqpitmaster

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Kia Seltos S
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The out of state dealer will do all the paperwork, issue a temporary tag, send the paperwork Tallahassee, who will issue you a permanent tag and registration.
Sponsored