Sponsored

Question about the numberpad on side of door...

Benson

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Benson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You can do it no problem as long as the keys are in the car. I think if you take the keys with you it will honk at you after you shut the door to alert that car is still on.

Press last Two buttons together to lock your doors 7-8 and 9-0
I been driving a hybrid Niro for 4.5 yrs and I still forget to turn off the engine at least 3x week. It's so EZ to do. If I exit car and hit lock....its emits a high pitch warning sound for about 3-4 seconds, thank god! If no sound was engaged, I would have had my vehicle stolen soon after purchase....cause i did it a LOT when brand new an d not used to a hybrid.
Sponsored

Don Morris

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Hybrid
While this may be possible, you need to check the local laws for unattended while motor running (sometimes called "puffing"). In many jurisdictions this can result in a ticket.

Ozarkbeard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XL CP360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

While this may be possible, you need to check the local laws for unattended while motor running (sometimes called "puffing"). In many jurisdictions this can result in a ticket.
Well, that's a new one.

People leave their engines on around here a lot in summer & winter, for A/C or heat, when going in a store, etc. I never do, though.

Benson

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Benson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Never owned a ford before, nor have I used the numberpad to get in a vehicle. I was curious if I was able to leave the key in the vehicle while the AC is running as I go into a store. I live in Florida so those 98 degree days are rough and would love the AC to stay on. I know I know.. first world probs

edit: Also, will it be an issue that it will be the lariat w/ push to start?
Go for it if you want to...it's your truck to lose. I wouldn't advise it it but I have never been a risk-taker, either.🥹
Sponsored