BlueXL_73

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Corolla
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was reading in another Maverick Forum that the upper portion of the headlights are non functional except on the Lariat trim level. However the order guide says daytime running lamps are standard on all trim levels. Are those LED signature lighting, Daytime Running Lamps, Part of the headlights, or just a piece of glass. I would have never thought to bring a question like that up, but if anyone knows...

Ford Maverick Question about the headlights Question1
Sponsored

donkiboy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The standard daytime running lights are your normal LEDs on the bottom. Only the Lariat model gets the “signature DRL” on the top.
The bottom lights are likely LED reflector headlights and the top strip being the signature DRL. The middle light would be the parking light / turn signal (this amber parking light can be turned on or off). Hopefully someone will get some Maverick night shots with full lights on.

Last edited:

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The standard daytime running lights are your normal LEDs on the bottom. Only the Lariat model gets the “signature DRL” on the top.
There seems to be some confusion. In another post someone seems to think the DRLs are the parking lights. In this shot from a video on an XL prototype you can see the headlights operating as DRLs and no parking lights on. Of course this is a prototype

Ford Maverick Question about the headlights IMG_0168.JPG

ace1642

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Here's an example: My 2017 Jeep grand Cherokee has daytime running lights that run on the low beams. At night it's the same low beams that are used just like what we see in this picture above. It's kinda stupid that Ford went this way just to save money, but then again this is an entry vehicle. I mean make only one assembly for the entire lineup. It's 2021, LEDs should be standard now and a DRL is just an appearance thing. It should have been added to the XLT Lux package though. If anything breaks and needs to be replaced, it hopefully won't cost as much.

2022EOW

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There seems to be some confusion. In another post someone seems to think the DRLs are the parking lights. In this shot from a video on an XL prototype you can see the headlights operating as DRLs and no parking lights on. Of course this is a prototype

IMG_0168.JPG
It's called speculation, whereas there is lots of that on these forums. I don't believe any of out until I can see it myself, or confirm it from FORD. Too much he said, she said.
Sponsored