bschurman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat, 1961 VW bug
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was looking at my Mav yesterday and the fender splash guard looked a little off. Taking a closer look it appears that they forgot a clip on it from the factory. Whoops. I hope this isn't an indication of other bolts that they forgot somewhere else.

I also noticed, as someone else had mentioned earlier, that the steering column gator was not attached to one of the bolts on the dash. Clearly not ripped out, just never attached.

Ford Maverick Quality Control? IMG_1920.JPG
Sponsored

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Unfortunately both of those items are indicative of rushed assembly. Along with poor QC that didn't catch them.
Fortunately they are not detrimental to safety and are quick easy fixes.

Down

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick/02 Z06 Vette
I expect that most of us, ESPECIALLY those take receipt over the next couple months, will be dealing with a decent amount of these types of issues.

Glad I went into this not expecting to own my Mav for the long haul.

MAVRICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Any
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was looking at my Mav yesterday and the fender splash guard looked a little off. Taking a closer look it appears that they forgot a clip on it from the factory. Whoops. I hope this isn't an indication of other bolts that they forgot somewhere else.

I also noticed, as someone else had mentioned earlier, that the steering column gator was not attached to one of the bolts on the dash. Clearly not ripped out, just never attached.

IMG_1920.JPG
Also, that fender liner material is of such low quality that it does not appear capable of surviving a first wet winter withouth ripping or disintegrating.

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Also, that fender liner material is of such low quality that it does not appear capable of surviving a first wet winter withouth ripping or disintegrating.
If it can’t survive for a year I would presume warranty would cover it. Can’t say weather related when they all fail.

Sponsored

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Cubsfan24

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

IMG_1920.JPG
See my thread on all my issues. Just noticed my steering column gator is not affixed on the right hand side either.

Sjbuck2021

Banned
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Frontier /2018 Acura RDX
See my thread on all my issues. Just noticed my steering column gator is not affixed on the right hand side either.
Disappointing to see. No attention to detail. Do u have any rattles like a lot of owners are reporting?

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

IMG_1920.JPG
That's why I'm not upset my Maverick isn't scheduled for production till 2/7/22 so they can hopefully get the kinks out by then

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My unit was built 11/19. My fit and finish far exceeded my expectations. All my panel alignments and everything are near perfect. Only thing is the B&O Center Dash Midrange speaker grill will not sit 100% perfectly flat. Off, ever so slightly. Most people say they don't see it, but I do.

I didn't have any incomplete install of cowls, or trims, or liners or anything I can see. So maybe they're getting better as the months go on? I would say the fit and finish on this rig is way better than my two Explorers, my Lincoln and slightly better than my Expedition. Very good gap spacing, all over. Best Ford yet for me.

Maverick Grabber

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Chrysler 200, 2022 Maverick XLT Red
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The back up camera gets obstructed by rain/snow to easily being on the tailgate
my Chrysler 200 has it tucked in by the license plate and rarely gets effected