Sponsored

Protective Film Hood/Fenders

Nightman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
I don't think I've seen much chatter on this $360 option.

Anyone have any experience on this with other Fords or have any more details on it if it's worth the $360? Is it primarily for rock chip and/or rust prevention?
Sponsored

SuckLemons

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Toyota Tacoma 🌮
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Following.

I’ve seen this option at the place that does our tint and am wondering how it compares to the Ford option in price and quality. Hopefully someone has experience with the Ford one.

Speed2000

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TSX Sportwagon
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I do paint protection for a living. That price isn't too high but I'd want to know more about what film is being used, some are much better than others long term. Also, you can't leave it on forever, about five to six years is about how long enough for a daily driver. This guy hit the side of a parking deck and literally only damaged the film, no need to repaint the bumper.

Ford Maverick Protective Film Hood/Fenders Resized_20190723_141006(1)

Ford Maverick Protective Film Hood/Fenders Resized_20190723_141450(1)

Last edited:

RedDirtFil

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-9
I do paint protection for a living. That price isn't too high but I'd want to know more about what film is being used, some are much better than others long term. Also, you can't leave it on forever, about five to six years is about how long enough for a daily driver. This guy hit the side of a parking deck and literally only damaged the film, no need to repaint the bumper.

Resized_20190723_141006(1).jpg

Resized_20190723_141450(1).jpg
This makes me feel slightly better about opting in for the film.

Sponsored

G00se

First Name
Lew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Explorer Sport
I have it ordered but the only info I find is on Ranger and it shows it covering the hood front and then on side of fenders as shown in attached image. I would think it should cover the front bumper area as well but does not show that. I am assuming the Maverick will be the same as price is comparable on the Ranger. I know I had this done on my Mustang and it covered the whole front end and came with a lifetime warranty (Ziebart). I may opt for the aftermarket route so I can get the whole front end covered. But it will be more expensive I'm sure.

Ford Maverick Protective Film Hood/Fenders Protective film

ibapostal1

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick, First Edition, Rapid Red
I was told that this would delay delivery, so I took it out of my build. Better to have someone local take care of it...after you get your Maverick.

OP
OP

Nightman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
I was told that this would delay delivery, so I took it out of my build. Better to have someone local take care of it...after you get your Maverick.
Only will delay if you also have first edition.
Sponsored