First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Caravan
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Can anyone tell me the progression of order status From order with the dealer to taking delivery? I've been talking with ford chat and they really cannot tell me much. This week I got a slightly different message.

This week ford chat says :

Maverick is In Order Processing. The order has been received, successfully edited, and is awaiting scheduling action. It will then be scheduled and placed in the first available production week.

Is that merely weeks away? Or am I likely going to try and find a new Chevy Colorado? If I Ford is unable to at least give me the freaking season the car is going to be produced, then really I can't deal with that level of uncertaintly anymore. Most companies generally at least try to fill the orders that they have received. Interesting business model you go there ford!
Sponsored

MvrkECWI

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, Crosstrek
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not already scheduled...Enjoy your new Colorado.

Eber1988

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
They just changed the way they tell you it hasn’t been scheduled yet. They initially said unscheduled clean and now they started saying the order processing thing. It means the same thing.

mktmgrjrm

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid, Ford Fusion Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You've got a hybrid ordered and it looks like it must have been a new order placed in September. It's very likely that only about half of the hybrids ordered in September are ever going to be built. Some of us have been waiting for a very long time to get our Mavericks - nearly 15 months in my case. If you need something in 'weeks' you'd better go with the Colorado.

OP
OP

JB513

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Caravan
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Barf..... Thanks guys. I was afraid of that.

Sponsored

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Most companies generally at least try to fill the orders that they have received. Interesting business model you go there ford!
Ford received a years worth of orders in only a week. So from the start it was anywhere from a 3-15 month window.

OP
OP

JB513

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Caravan
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Of course you are right, and I am totally venting online to strangers. I also think it is worth pointing out that if/when you get your truck is a complete black box. What is the point in "ordering" a truck if they never deliver it? Ford can't seam to be able to give me, or anyone else for that matter a date range when I might see a truck.

Seriously can we just get a Hilux factory here already?!

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Of course you are right, and I am totally venting online to strangers. I also think it is worth pointing out that if/when you get your truck is a complete black box. What is the point in "ordering" a truck if they never deliver it? Ford can't seam to be able to give me, or anyone else for that matter a date range when I might see a truck.

If you really want a Maverick, switch to an Ecoboost. Most projections are they will be built out by summer. Getting your hybrid at all is a 50/50. But if a Colorado is a possibility then an ICE is too. Worth a thought.

Skeeter163

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Can anyone tell me the progression of order status From order with the dealer to taking delivery? I've been talking with ford chat and they really cannot tell me much. This week I got a slightly different message.

This week ford chat says :

Maverick is In Order Processing. The order has been received, successfully edited, and is awaiting scheduling action. It will then be scheduled and placed in the first available production week.

Is that merely weeks away? Or am I likely going to try and find a new Chevy Colorado? If I Ford is unable to at least give me the freaking season the car is going to be produced, then really I can't deal with that level of uncertaintly anymore. Most companies generally at least try to fill the orders that they have received. Interesting business model you go there ford!
Looks to me that you are wanting something nobody else has ever had. I’ve been waiting 15 mo. And you can too!

Sponsored
OP
OP

JB513

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Caravan
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think Toyota is only selling about 20,000 of those a year, so while similar I don't think it is quite the same thing.

I am sure I would have the same amount of irritation with the as well if I was put in the same situation. But I have not tried to buy one of those, so I don't know.

All I can say is I am over this whole process, I would not be buying a Ranger of F150 in the future due to this experience, and Ford definitely should care about that.

OP
OP

JB513

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Caravan
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looks to me that you are wanting something nobody else has ever had. I’ve been waiting 15 mo. And you can too!
God Bless you good sir, that's a long ass time to wait!

OP
OP

JB513

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Caravan
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you really want a Maverick, switch to an Ecoboost. Most projections are they will be built out by summer. Getting your hybrid at all is a 50/50. But if a Colorado is a possibility then an ICE is too. Worth a thought.
That is kind of my plan, I am keeping the hybrid order for now, but if EB start showing up on lots without a market adjustment I might go with that. The "Killer App" of the Mav is the MPG for me, so the EB is way less of an impressive vehicle.

AznMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Lariat Built 3-9-23, Chevy EUV, Lexus RX350
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think Toyota is only selling about 20,000 of those a year, so while similar I don't think it is quite the same thing.

I am sure I would have the same amount of irritation with the as well if I was put in the same situation. But I have not tried to buy one of those, so I don't know.

All I can say is I am over this whole process, I would not be buying a Ranger of F150 in the future due to this experience, and Ford definitely should care about that.
Difference being you can go to a dealer right now and have your pick of the f-150 or ranger.

AznMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Lariat Built 3-9-23, Chevy EUV, Lexus RX350
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Why? I got the hybrid for the mpg. The Hilux couldn't touch it. If you don't care about mpg I suggest the Nissan Frontier. Brother got the pro 4x $1k under invoice. There are some 22's out there still. Great looking truck probably the last of the NA V6 trucks 310 hp.
Sponsored