First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
prius, Hybrid XLT, Honda 1100Rebel, 2) Hawk 650NT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a 1963 built home with the standard 2 car garage. I have had 2 cars and 4 motorcycles in it with the door closed. Now I have a Prius and the Maverick and 3 motorcycles and the door can still close. Before my truck arrived I had measured out my space and parked the bikes and Prius to know that it would fit. Due to the bike mirrors on the right side stick out, I usually rotate them in before covering. They are old classic Honda Hawk GT's so I only ride them about once a month. My newest bike gets out often but before any bike can get out, the Maverick has to leave the garage to be parked in the driveway. Even when I had my Chevy Volt I would have to move it to get a bike out so nothing new with the Maverick except I must be more careful not to bump my bikes and still be able to get the door closed. The pictures should give you an idea of what I am talking about.

Now, for the Hybrid advantage, I can start the Maverick, back it out of the garage to the side of my driveway with just using the ELECTRIC drive. Gas motor very seldom will start. I really like this feature because the motor does not run for the 2-3 minutes to get the truck out. And at the end of the day when all the bikes are in their designated spot I shoe horn the Maverick back into the garage also just using the ELECTRIC drive. So nice it has enough power to do that. I did that with my Volt and never though I could do the same with my Maverick. Love it.

Ford Maverick Probably the only truck that would fit in garage IMG_8091.JPG
Ford Maverick Probably the only truck that would fit in garage IMG_8090.JPG
Ford Maverick Probably the only truck that would fit in garage IMG_8088.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited:

psklenar

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rivian R1T
Garage size is a key factor in my choice as well. It's 218.5 from the closed door to the back wall. The Maverick Hybrid and the Rivian R1T are the only electrified trucks that will fit in my mine. <sigh>

pat----

rlhdweman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64 Caddy Fleetwood,73 Caddy Sedan,75 Eldorado Conv
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My garage is 30' x 50', I have 3 classic Caddy's & a tractor with a bucket in the back & my Maverick & Taurus & 2 snowmobiles in the front with a workbench on one side & 20' of pallet rack on the other. When I built the garage in 2005 I had the Taurus & a motorscooter. No matter how big you build your garage you will eventually fill it, I had to sell one car just to get the Maverick in it. At least I can't buy anymore stuff now.

Euby

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Edmunds has a tool on their app called "can it fit?". You walk the area you want to fit your car/truck in and then it'll render a 3D image letting you know whether it'll fit.

BlueSnake77

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

My house was built in 1959 and it is a 2 car garage. Supposedly. It would be tricky squeezing 2 cars side by side. The Maverick would fit with about 2 feet to spare which makes me wonder, why wasn't the garage built longer when the house was built? Some cars were built big back in "59. Ever see a "59 Cadillac? That probably one of the largest American cars built. No way that thing would have fit in my garage.

Little side story here now that I mention the Caddy. Years ago when I had my 1986 Dodge Omni GLH, a hard top "59 Caddy pulled up next to me at a stop light. Was loaded up with people. When the light turned green, he blew my doors off, Lol. No replacement for displacement as they used to say. He had at least 325 hp vs my little 2.2L pushing 110 hp. His Caddy weighed more than twice as much as my Omni too.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Ozarkbeard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XL CP360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

...Garage size is a key factor in my choice as well.
Same here. I measured the garage floor before I placed the order. Hopefully, I get my truck to put in that space soon. It's been sitting at the rail yard in KC for weeks.

mav_kev

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you got rid of the Prius, think of how many more motorcycles you could fit though!
Sponsored