Price paid for Maverick XL

Lappo424

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord - Looking to switch to Maverick XL
Hello everyone. I see a couple of dealers are posting 3 percent under invoice. Has anyone had any luck on the destination charge or is that a non negotiable ? I'm a firm believer everything is negotiable.
Sponsored

SuckLemons

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Toyota Tacoma 🌮
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’ve never seen it as negotiable. It’s a charge from the factory. I did see that there is a class-action lawsuit against GM for them, so maybe that’ll change something in the future. I, too, loathe fees or charges that aren’t transparent, so I get it. I got a quote for moving my car across the country for like $500-$600, so I don’t know where the almost $1,500 comes from.

https://www.thedrive.com/news/40922...er-alleged-profit-seeking-destination-charges

OP
OP
Lappo424

Lappo424

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Absolutely. I don't even think honda is that high

zackmd1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang 429BB / 2019 Tesla Model 3
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’ve never seen it as negotiable. It’s a charge from the factory. I did see that there is a class-action lawsuit against GM for them, so maybe that’ll change something in the future. I, too, loathe fees or charges that aren’t transparent, so I get it. I got a quote for moving my car across the country for like $500-$600, so I don’t know where the almost $1,500 comes from.

https://www.thedrive.com/news/40922...er-alleged-profit-seeking-destination-charges
I have tried and failed many times to get the destination charge removed…. To put things in perspective though, when I bought a 2015 mustang new in 2014 the destination charge was only $800….. Just another thing Ford can use to “falsely” advertise a starting price.

Sponsored

SuckLemons

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Toyota Tacoma 🌮
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have tried and failed many times to get the destination charge removed…. To put things in perspective though, when I bought a 2015 mustang new in 2014 the destination charge was only $800….. Just another thing Ford can use to “falsely” advertise a starting price.
Agreed. If the price of the truck is $21,490, then the price of the truck is $21,490… not $19,995*.

MontanaEd

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PHEV- Volt
So the dealer pays X plus the destination charge for the vehicle. Then they turn around and charge (X+markup) plus destination to the customer. X+ Markup is the MSRP. Dealer's expenses and the sales person's commission come out of markup. It also includes profit to the dealer. Sure the lights have to stay on and the sales person needs to get paid. But why not just include that destination cost that comes from Ford in the X number? Do customer's ask for a discount on the price of the wiper blades? No. That is included in the cost of the vehicle from ford. Just like you can't spec a vehicle without the wiper blades, you can't spec one without delivery. It should just be part of the price.

Sponsored

TerryE

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Lol, Kind of like when they publish per gallon cost. ($3.10 a gallon, not $3.099)

Wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
So the dealer pays X plus the destination charge for the vehicle. Then they turn around and charge (X+markup) plus destination to the customer. X+ Markup is the MSRP. Dealer's expenses and the sales person's commission come out of markup. It also includes profit to the dealer. Sure the lights have to stay on and the sales person needs to get paid. But why not just include that destination cost that comes from Ford in the X number? Do customer's ask for a discount on the price of the wiper blades? No. That is included in the cost of the vehicle from ford. Just like you can't spec a vehicle without the wiper blades, you can't spec one without delivery. It should just be part of the price.
My local dealer always adds the destination fee into his quote when I order. It takes a shady dealer to slip that in after the fact. Sadly I do know there are shady dealers out there.

OP
OP
Lappo424

Lappo424

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just got off the phone with Ed over at Chapman Ford and put my order through for an Area 51 xl. He is legit and got me 3 percent under invoice. Very responsive via text and over the phone.

Here is his contact info

Ed Simpson

Business Development Manager

Chapman Ford Northeast Philadelphia

215.608.0373 - Office

215.932.3148 - Cell

Catmandu

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just got off the phone with Ed over at Chapman Ford and put my order through for an Area 51 xl. He is legit and got me 3 percent under invoice. Very responsive via text and over the phone.

Here is his contact info

Ed Simpson

Business Development Manager

Chapman Ford Northeast Philadelphia

215.608.0373 - Office

215.932.3148 - Cell
Sounds like a good dealership to work with! ... Now I just need to find an Ed Simpson in Ontario... :)

martyi48

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford is charging too much for transportation. I have a Mercedes CLS on order and it was just built and transported to the dock waiting to be assigned a ship. This car was built in Stuttgart and will be delivered to me in Texas and the transportation fee is $1,050, which seems reasonable considering the outlandish price of this thing and what it has to go through to get to me. I'm ordering a Lariat in the next couple weeks or so at a third of the price yet I have to pay a third more in transportation right here in my own country. Doesn't seem to make sense.
Sponsored