McMarinara

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Tribute
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was driving into work today and my pre collision warning came when there was no car in front of me in my lane. There was a car slightly infront of me in the right lane and it was a particularly sunny so I am trying to convince myself that it triggered due to some light reflection off that car making the alert trigger. Has anyone else had this issue? The braking assist did not engage, it was just the warning. I have had this happen a handful of times in my GF Lincoln MKZ so I am thinking it may just be a ford thing too. I only have about 350 Miles on my maverick to date. Thanks!
Sponsored

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Mine has never activated. I feel left out.

Unforgiven

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alto blue hybrid lariat maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've had it activate a couple times. Typically because of someone in my lane slowing to turn and me still approaching at the same speed. I have had it go off without someone in front of me on my neighborhood street though. I think it was because of bumps in the street and the way light was reflecting/causing shadows. The alarm jump scared me since it was out of the blue. So i think your hypothesis of light reflection is probably correct.

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was driving into work today and my pre collision warning came when there was no car in front of me in my lane. There was a car slightly infront of me in the right lane and it was a particularly sunny so I am trying to convince myself that it triggered due to some light reflection off that car making the alert trigger. Has anyone else had this issue? The braking assist did not engage, it was just the warning. I have had this happen a handful of times in my GF Lincoln MKZ so I am thinking it may just be a ford thing too. I only have about 350 Miles on my maverick to date. Thanks!
False warnings are a reality with all systems, not just Ford. There is nothing to worry about.

ShadowBlack XL440

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Ford, not enought room to list..........
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mine has activated several times but only when accelerating to pass a slower car. Brakes never applied and I hope they never do while passing. That could be very dangerous.

Sponsored

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mine has activated several times but only when accelerating to pass a slower car. Brakes never applied and I hope they never do while passing. That could be very dangerous.
If you are actively accelerating to overtake a car, the PCS is not going to override you. It makes sense you get a warning but it's not going to hit the brakes in this situation.

ShadowBlack XL440

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Ford, not enought room to list..........
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you are actively accelerating to overtake a car, the PCS is not going to override you. It makes sense you get a warning but it's not going to hit the brakes in this situation.
Good to know that. It has been a concern until now.

Bj517

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've had it activate a couple times. Typically because of someone in my lane slowing to turn and me still approaching at the same speed. I have had it go off without someone in front of me on my neighborhood street though. I think it was because of bumps in the street and the way light was reflecting/causing shadows. The alarm jump scared me since it was out of the blue. So i think your hypothesis of light reflection is probably correct.
I've had mine activate in the same situation a couple times. I was paying attention and knew the car would be out of my way in time. I don't think the brakes actually activated

troynm

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat hybrid, Velocity Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Adjusting the Pre-Collision Assist
Settings

You can adjust the following settings by
using the touchscreen controls in the
pre-collision assist menu:
• Change alert and distance alert
sensitivity to one of three possible
settings.
• Switch distance indication and alert on
or off.
• If required, switch automatic
emergency braking on or off.
• If required, switch evasive steering
assist on or off.
The system is active at speeds above
3 mph (5 km/h).

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
PCS does not activate braking until the absolute last second. You'd need nerves/balls of steel to test that in the real world, and even if you had those that would be strongly discouraged.

Sponsored
OP
OP

McMarinara

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Tribute
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Adjusting the Pre-Collision Assist
Settings

You can adjust the following settings by
using the touchscreen controls in the
pre-collision assist menu:
• Change alert and distance alert
sensitivity to one of three possible
settings.
• Switch distance indication and alert on
or off.
• If required, switch automatic
emergency braking on or off.
• If required, switch evasive steering
assist on or off.
The system is active at speeds above
3 mph (5 km/h).
Thanks!!!!!

Jobst88

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I get false warnings in my 2020 Honda Accord sometimes. It’s normal.

LeersMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Maximus GP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PriusV, Sonata PHEV, F-50 Mavrick Lariat Hybrid FE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Same scenario for me when I was driving out of my subdivision. The pre-collision warning was yellow, the only vehicle was parked on the right. Only happened once.
Sponsored