Whybrid

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I recently installed new rear speakers and a powered subwoofer in my Hybrid. Sound amazing. Hopefully this helps someone looking to upgrade.

Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

marpolsdofer

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Dodge Dakota 5.2L, 96 Geo Prizm 1.8L
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
One thing I will miss about my car. I have amped speakers but my fronts kept falling out so I just been running the rears for 8 years. Then I have 2 12" in the trunk. I am wondering if my speakers from my car will work without having to amp them. Subs I will have to go a different way.
If the hybrid did not have the battery under the seat I would put them there.
Then without a traditional head unit it make it more complicated to run audio..

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nice.
I changed the rears out on my Lariat Luxury twice. The stock rears, even B&O, are awful.
I tried Pioneer g400's first, and they weren't much better than stock. Changed them again to some Morel 4" and they sound great.

Sponsored

PDM33

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nice.
I changed the rears out on my Lariat Luxury twice. The stock rears, even B&O, are awful.
I tried Pioneer g400's first, and they weren't much better than stock. Changed them again to some Morel 4" and they sound great.
I am looking to replace the rear speakers in my Lariat at well so thank you for the brand suggestion. I do have a question if you're a stereo guy. If I wanted to add a powered sub behind or under the rear seat would you tap the factory sub or tap the rear speakers? I see so many right ups for installing a sub but they aren't in the Lariat trim so they aren't working with a vehicle that already has one. Would just like to get some more bump than the factory sub is supplying. thx

OP
OP
Whybrid

Whybrid

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah if you have the B&O system I would tap the factory sub just because it's easier and you don't have to run wires down the sides from the rear speakers. I had a Hyundai Sonata that I did that had a factory sub but I wanted an aftermarket one. If you use the high level inputs you will get a little more juice from the factory amp rather than using a line output converter but the line out converter signal seems to be a little more smooth in my experience.

Mavonorder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nice.
Which Morel 4's did you install and we're they plug and play, or did you need to modify the mounts and/or the wiring? Thanks!

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Which Morel 4's did you install and we're they plug and play, or did you need to modify the mounts and/or the wiring? Thanks!
Morel Maximo Coax 4 Maximo Series 4" 2-way car speakers at Crutchfield
No modification needed to fit into place.
I just cut the wiring and crimped the included connectors on. There may be a harness adapter that fits now, there wasn't when I ordered. I read that Metra 72-5600 worked, but they sent me free ones and they didn't fit.

FYI: I used the Gray/Purple wire as Positive. Recommended Rear Speaker Upgrade? | Page 2 | MaverickTruckClub - 2022+ Ford Maverick Pickup Forum, News, Owners, Discussions

Last edited:

Mavonorder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Morel Maximo Coax 4 Maximo Series 4" 2-way car speakers at Crutchfield
No modification needed to fit into place.
I just cut the wiring and crimped the included connectors on. There may be a harness adapter that fits now, there wasn't when I ordered. I read that Metra 72-5600 worked, but they sent me free ones and they didn't fit.

FYI: I used the Gray/Purple wire as Positive. Recommended Rear Speaker Upgrade? | Page 2 | MaverickTruckClub - 2022+ Ford Maverick Pickup Forum, News, Owners, Discussions
Thanks!

Sponsored

2016BoostedGreyGoose

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 CC XLT, 21 F150 RCSB, 22 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I recently installed new rear speakers and a powered subwoofer in my Hybrid. Sound amazing. Hopefully this helps someone looking to upgrade.

Very nice! Did you install a little bit of sound deadening directly behind the speaker while the panel was out? If not I can tell you it makes 100% difference. Keeps the outside panel from resonating and introducing unwanted noise. A for execution!.... Love seeing others getting in there!

Mabcim

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat 2.0 AWD; 20 Escape SEL 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I changed the rears out on my Lariat Luxury twice. The stock rears, even B&O, are awful. Changed them again to some Morel 4" and they sound great.
Is just a better quality, or are also louder?

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, VB, 2.0 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
G
Haven't watched the sub wiring video yet...will get around to it. But a really
good tutorial on removing the panels to get at replacing the rear 4" speakers. Thanks for posting the vids.

Your's is the second I've seen to go back in with 4" x 6" speaker. The first one I've seen was @BootXL76. After listening to several different ones on Crutchfield, I think the 4" x 6" are a wise choice with much better range.

Milous posted here and used a back scratcher to push from the bottom up on the top two tabs to remove the speaker panel.
Ford Maverick Powered Sub & Rear Speaker Install in Maverick Hybrid [Video: How to Wire Amp, Subwoofer, Speakers] 1660260879450

Here is Milous' rear speaker post: #242

Then @Red Ryder posted what his choice of a cut off yard stick to push up on the top two tabs to remove his speaker panel.
Ford Maverick Powered Sub & Rear Speaker Install in Maverick Hybrid [Video: How to Wire Amp, Subwoofer, Speakers] 1660260921497

Here is post Red Ryder's rear speaker post: #295

These are not the only two with great information. The thread started by BootXL76 is a great speaker selection and how to upgrade. It is a long thread and starts here: #1 The entire thread Budget stock Audio upgrades (XL) - plan, research, options and experimentation is worth the read.

Thanks to BootXL76, Red Ryder, Milous, and others for the great information. Happy upgrading! :cool:

Rojo

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT, Alto Blue, AWD Eco-Boost, Lux
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
G

Haven't watched the sub wiring video yet...will get around to it. But a really
good tutorial on removing the panels to get at replacing the rear 4" speakers. Thanks for posting the vids.

Your's is the second I've seen to go back in with 4" x 6" speaker. The first one I've seen was @BootXL76. After listening to several different ones on Crutchfield, I think the 4" x 6" are a wise choice with much better range.

Milous posted here and used a back scratcher to push from the bottom up on the top two tabs to remove the speaker panel.
1660260879450.png

Here is Milous' rear speaker post: #242

Then @Red Ryder posted what his choice of a cut off yard stick to push up on the top two tabs to remove his speaker panel.
1660260921497.png

Here is post Red Ryder's rear speaker post: #295

These are not the only two with great information. The thread started by BootXL76 is a great speaker selection and how to upgrade. It is a long thread and starts here: #1 The entire thread Budget stock Audio upgrades (XL) - plan, research, options and experimentation is worth the read.

Thanks to BootXL76, Red Ryder, Milous, and others for the great information. Happy upgrading! :cool:
Sweet, I have that same exact back scratchier

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, VB, 2.0 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sweet, I have that same exact back scratchier
You know the ol' saying—if you have a good tool, use it.
Sponsored