First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Should say "Build Week", not "Build Day". My order shows a constraint for "Appearance Package", going to assume it's due to being a First Edition.
Sponsored

Packer Bill

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am very surprised that some July orders are being selected for the first orders. :unsure:

slashy42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Interesting which colors have been scheduled first. I ordered a Lariat AWD lux in Carbonized Grey, and it doesn't look like any of that color was picked for production the first week.
Very small sample size though.

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Better let the Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk folks know.
From a Jeep forum:
Those terms are used differently by different people but do not have an official definition. They are more marketing terms IMO.

Generally, 4x4 is reserved for ‘old school’ vehicles with a separate transfer case that directs the transmission output to either the rear axle alone, or to both the front and rear axles together. Usually, there is no center differential to control the distribution of torque from front to rear.

4WD and AWD are used interchangeably for any drive train that has the hardware to power all 4 wheels. I would say that all Renegades fall into this category. It’s just like most compact SUVs that are basically front-wheel drive with hardware tacked-on to drive the rear wheels when needed.

Others may nitpick the details and have their own opinions.

There’s little difference in the AWD hardware for the Trailhawk. The main hardware difference is a lower ratio for the transmission output. This gives the TH a “crawling” gear (1st). The other differences in the AWD are software-based

Sponsored

NotAnonymous

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Should say "Build Week", not "Build Day". My order shows a constraint for "Appearance Package", going to assume it's due to being a First Edition.
Hmm....Well, if the First Edition ends up looking like a lengthy constraint then I may have to change back to the regular Lariat. Did your dealer give you that head's up (and when)?

Last edited:

pmoore

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hmm....Well, if the First Edition ends looking like a lengthy constraint then I may have to change back to the regular Lariat. Did your dealer give you that head's up (and when)?
No, I work at Ford and can look up my own order. I am still listed as a priority 2. Ordered on 6/18.

NotAnonymous

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No, I work at Ford and can look up my own order. I am still listed as a priority 2. Ordered on 6/18.
Ahh, gotcha. I know you didn't have to say that much detail, but much appreciated. Yeah, I'm a 6/21 order with a hybrid First Edition, so I'll be curious to see how it'll all shakes out.

Damned FE stickers, right? LOL

Last edited:

pmoore

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ahh, gotcha. I know you didn't have to say that much detail, but much appreciated. Yeah, I'm a 6/21 order with a hybrid First Edition, so I'll be curious to see how it'll all shakes out.

Damned stickers, right? LOL
You and I have identical vehicles ordered.

Sponsored

2022EOW

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
More disappointment. I hate Ford!
Have some patience, they can't schedule ten's of thousands of trucks in a single day. By the time I get my other order, a Bronco, it will have been 2.5+ years since I reserved it. The Maverick wait will seem like the drive through at McDonald's in comparison.

Scooter66

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F-150 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Have some patience, they can't schedule ten's of thousands of trucks in a single day. By the time I get my other order, a Bronco, it will have been 2.5+ years since I reserved it. The Maverick wait will seem like the drive through at McDonald's in comparison.
I also have been waiting on my Base Squatch. It’s Thursday evening and no email; so I’m a bit grumpy.

Scooter66

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F-150 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You must like Ford enough to order their truck
It’s like when you say something to vent but don’t really mean it. Thursday evenings have been a disappointment waiting on my Bronco and now my Bronco and Maverick.

NotAnonymous

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Status
Not open for further replies.