Sponsored

Maverick Suspension: Lower, Level, or Lift??

• Total voters

2cafn8d

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Monica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Jeep Wrangler, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I lower just about every car I have owned in recent years. I prefer a coil over setup but will do springs until something great pops up. Eventually I want to bag it, but that will need to wait. 2: drop preferred.
Sponsored

Aherpa

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge, Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The Maverick presents many different suspension mod opportunities. Our question is, would you rather Lower your Maverick or Lift it? Or does a simple Leveling Kit sound more appealing?

Let us know!!
I use my trucks for hauling things and have added air bags with air compressors to eliminate the squat on previous trucks. My hybrid Maverick will be no different so I'm looking for air springs to mount inside the rear suspension springs and a dual zone air controller.
If your Company comes up with something, I'd difinitely give it a good look.

tngreg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Hybrid level kit....don't forget about us too...we like level :)

Sponsored

HarlzMav

First Name
Harley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Genesis coupe
I personally want just an inch or two more clearance so a lift with tires would be ideal. I by no means plan to off-road just light trail driving for hunting. But I also feel the Maverick would look better with the additional height. More aggressive tires would only aid the AWD system.

Maveriac

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT AWD, Ford F150 Lariat 4WD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Most of you have good intentions by modifying the ride ride height of your Mavericks; whether it be for looks, ride, handling, or ego. I am chomping at the bit to drop our Maverick FX4 by 2" front and 3" rear. My wife has Huntington's Disease which is a neurological movement disorder which makes lifting her feet off the ground any distance at all challenging. By lowering the door sill to ground distance a couple inches would help considerably.
So, if any of you learn of a Suspension lowering kit that would do 3" rear and 2" front drop please let the club know !

Rick Ford

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
The Maverick presents many different suspension mod opportunities. Our question is, would you rather Lower your Maverick or Lift it? Or does a simple Leveling Kit sound more appealing?

Let us know!!
I prefer the leveling kit and have done this on my last 3 trucks. To me it just gives the truck a better looking stance. Just my opinion.

Sponsored

ledger9427

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corolla, 2022 Maverick XLT EB
Question for you folks:
This will be my first truck...if it ever arrives. I have zero experience with lifts, etc. and like many people on this forum, I would like to do a 1" lift on the front end to even out the stance. Does putting a lift on your truck screw up the performance in any way or void the Ford warranty? Thanks!
It shouldn't void your warranty. MPG might drop slightly with a 1" lift.

What really ruins performance is when you put oversized tires on. That adds a bunch of unsprung weight that the engine has to move. Someone on here showed a 30hp loss to the wheels from adding larger AT tires.

Lowering your vehicle, on the other hand, does the opposite in most cases.

mla_anderson

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus SE Coupe, 22 F-150 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
A little lift would be nice to help with snow.

Rufracer

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick xl awd 4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Propper lift with high end component. Want 1-2 more inches of height and suspension travel. More of a gravel stage rally car with a bed than a lifted truck. Of course, I live in the hills/woods and have a gravel 1/3mi "driveway" with about 100ft of elevation change so this is purely functional.

Last edited:

2cafn8d

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Monica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Jeep Wrangler, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Most of you have good intentions by modifying the ride ride height of your Mavericks; whether it be for looks, ride, handling, or ego. I am chomping at the bit to drop our Maverick FX4 by 2" front and 3" rear. My wife has Huntington's Disease which is a neurological movement disorder which makes lifting her feet off the ground any distance at all challenging. By lowering the door sill to ground distance a couple inches would help considerably.
So, if any of you learn of a Suspension lowering kit that would do 3" rear and 2" front drop please let the club know !
My xD was bagged, I would also take my friend's mom (she was 85) to doctor's appointments since i could air it out. Was much easier for her. I completely understand.
Sponsored