Sponsored

POLL- Ecoboost orders still unscheduled

Unscheduled Ecoboost orders (month order was placed)

• Total voters

xlt-doug

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick (soon) Escape (current)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just curious 🤨 to see how many of us out there
Sponsored

Last edited:

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

January 14th unscheduled, probably till august?

OP
OP
xlt-doug

xlt-doug

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

srg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier
October XL EB front wheel drive. All options removed 2 months ago, so there are supposedly no constraints. Large dealership in St. Peresburg.
Can't wait forever, so looking at use vehicles - maybe upgrade to a Mav or something similar in a couple of years.

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

January order. I'm in it for the long haul...

Sponsored

Rusty Nutts

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Ram 2500, 2017 Indian Roadmaster, 2019 Ural
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Can't do the poll since I ordered Oct 18 (the second time) and drove it home March 5th but interested what situation others are in. I can't figure out how the Ford math works. FWIW My dealer screwed up my first order and had to enter a second order. They bumped me up to priority 10 and after a 3-month detour, it only added 5 weeks for the vehicle I wanted. Worth the wait.
2.0, Lariat, 4K, Lux

OP
OP
xlt-doug

xlt-doug

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Appears most of the ecoboosts should be built this model year. Hopefully 🙏

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

There have been January ecoboosts scheduled already. Plus less 2.0 orders than hybrid’s
Our most reliable car is a 93 Jeep ZJ with 201,000 miles. So we are more than ready for the call.

trujack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion xb
January 11 order here. My initial hope was to get my Maverick in late July when the tabs on my used-up '09 Scion come due. Best laid plans, what?

belmor

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ordered 12/14. 2.0 AWD XLT / CP360 / LUX / FX4 / 4K tow

Not scheduled. I don't expect it to be. I couldn't wait any longer and bought an XLT with all the same options plus rear slider and sunroof from Vroom. I will likely not take mine if it does get scheduled as long as they return my deposit. If they don't want to I will buy it and re-sell just to get out of it.

Sponsored

MikeInFla

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Ranger, 2016 VW Passat, 2017 VW Beetle
So it looks like most of us waited until the last minute and ordered in Jan (when I ordered mine I had no clue there was a cut off date, I just felt it was time for something new). Hope we get our trucks. I know some have been scheduled already and I remember someone who ordered the same day as me (1/25/22) who got scheduled a WEEK after he ordered, lucky dog. There is hope so maybe we just have to be patient.

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Well, I think the good news -- if you want to call it that -- is that there probably are not a lot of unscheduled EB orders from last summer.

Hopefully Ford can chip away and get to the October-January folks like us before the clock runs out. On one hand, I'm OK with getting pushed to a MY23 if it comes to that. But on the other hand, right now we are protected to get the 36 months at 0% or 60 months at 1.9% Ford Credit financing.

Even if Ford price protects the cost of the vehicle for orders pushed to the next model year, my guess is that the financing incentives would no longer apply. So, there still may be an actual financial value to getting in under the MY22 wire.

Of course, that's also assuming there are no significant changes to the vehicle or options for MY23. As we get closer to the MY23 order banks opening in August, and hopefully we get some additional information regarding MY23 Mavericks, it will become decision time for those of us still unscheduled. Do you place a MY23 order on the first day orders open in August and wait for it? Or do you take your MY22 even if it shows up at the dealer this September or October?

Rojo

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT, Alto Blue, AWD Eco-Boost, Lux
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well it makes me feel better, I guess, that there are only about 20 orders here ahead of me. Mine could get scheduled in the next week

OP
OP
xlt-doug

xlt-doug

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well, I think the good news -- if you want to call it that -- is that there probably are not a lot of unscheduled EB orders from last summer.

Hopefully Ford can chip away and get to the October-January folks like us before the clock runs out. On one hand, I'm OK with getting pushed to a MY23 if it comes to that. But on the other hand, right now we are protected to get the 36 months at 0% or 60 months at 1.9% Ford Credit financing.

Even if Ford price protects the cost of the vehicle for orders pushed to the next model year, my guess is that the financing incentives would no longer apply. So, there still may be an actual financial value to getting in under the MY22 wire.

Of course, that's also assuming there are no significant changes to the vehicle or options for MY23. As we get closer to the MY23 order banks opening in August, and hopefully we get some additional information regarding MY23 Mavericks, it will become decision time for those of us still unscheduled. Do you place a MY23 order on the first day orders open in August and wait for it? Or do you take your MY22 even if it shows up at the dealer this September or October?
I’ve come to the realization that my October order may be pushed 2023 and I’m fine with that, but I hope my order will be prioritized to the front of the line. Being price protected would also be nice.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
December 15th order, details in my signature. Wasn't even ready to order yet, but got that $750 rebate and was hoping for price protection if prices increased in 2023. My dealer VVR shows 2 Maverick orders in front of me scheduled. I'm not in a huge hurry and expecting it will be built sometime during the Summer. Not going to remove any ordered items either and just going to ride it out :cool:
Sponsored