Plug in Hybrid?

MontanaEd

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PHEV- Volt
I've seen articles that speculate the Maverick will have a plug in hybrid version from the beginning of production. I'm guessing this is based purely on speculation. I assume the authors of the articles are thinking "the Maverick is going to be based on the Escape platform, there is an Escape plug in hybrid (or will be at some point), so they must be going to build a plug in hybrid Maverick." But I have not heard anything about a plug in hybrid Bronco Sport being offered. I've seen some "Ford should, could, etc. do this" articles but nothing based on any evidence. No spy shots with a charging port or anything like that. Any thoughts? I'd be very tempted by a plug in hybrid truck.
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc
OP
OP

MontanaEd

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PHEV- Volt
I'm betting if there is a plug in hybrid version it won't happen right away. Interestingly, I just saw an article that some European countries are thinking of banning plug in hybrids to speed up the transition to all electric vehicles.

I am curious if Ford would skip the hybrid, and go to the plug in hybrid. That might make sense in the US, but not globally. That said, I read somthing that the Maverick is at lease initially really a North American market vehicle at least to start.

Reactions: Doc
OP
OP

MontanaEd

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PHEV- Volt
I've now read a couple things on the Hyundai Santa Criuz that question why nothing has been said about a hybrid option. One was an opinion piece: https://www.torquenews.com/108/5-things-wrong-all-new-hyundai-santa-cruz - check out #5. This guy just thinks the Santa Cruz should have been electric. Here's hoping that Ford does something with electrification on the Maverick. I'm not holding my breath given how long ago it was that Ford used that electric F150 to pull a train full of ICE F150's and we still have not seen an electric F150 for sale.

Maybe I should keep my wallet closed until there is a Maverick Mach-E? Probably not. The infrastructure is not in my area for that yet.

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
10 Wrangler 22 Lexus 22 Maverick 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

From recent media reports -
Ford is hinting at an all electric Maverick. The question really isn't "if" ........ it is "when" .... they will bring out the all electric Maverick. Ford has stated 40% of their fleet will be ALL electric by 2030. Jim Farley is pushing hard to move Ford into the future more quickly so who knows.
Sponsored