Sponsored

Please contact JCR Offroad to let them know you're interested in Maverick skid plates and cat converter theft prevention

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not sure what you're talking about specifically but I'm advocating for the use of the catalytic converter shields and said nothing about thieves unscrewing anything. Maybe you misread? Baracuda dude said he doesn't need one since he only parks at home and work and I was merely pointing out that thieves are stealing these in 30-60 seconds by cutting off with a sawzall, not a portable grinder so unless he only parks his Maverick at home or work and never a grocery store, or restaurant or anywhere for 10 minutes or so his train of thought is a little misguided.
Sorry for any confusion.
I was referring to your post regarding fasteners, but on a second reading it's clear you were talking about the fasteners on the skid plate. Your thread starting post mentioned both skid plates and cat converter.
Sponsored

OP
OP
NoVaJimmy

NoVaJimmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lexus GX 460
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
LOL. I think they call that a Murse. Remember Fancy Boy Episode with Seinfeld.

LMAO.
I forgot to use an emoji to denote that I was joking, glad someone else is reading my brainwaves

OP
OP
NoVaJimmy

NoVaJimmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lexus GX 460
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sorry for any confusion.
I was referring to your post regarding fasteners, but on a second reading it's clear you were talking about the fasteners on the skid plate. Your thread starting post mentioned both skid plates and cat converter.
I said the same thing when someone else mentioned they could just unscrew 4 or 6 fasteners and I mentioned that was pretty ridiculous considering they're just looking for a quick cut with a sawzall. I also mentioned that if it was that big of a concern to use security screws but I think you and I are on the same page.

Reactions: Dad

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I said the same thing when someone else mentioned they could just unscrew 4 or 6 fasteners and I mentioned that was pretty ridiculous considering they're just looking for a quick cut with a sawzall. I also mentioned that if it was that big of a concern to use security screws but I think you and I are on the same page.
We're good.

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Silverado , 07 mustang, 69 barracuda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not sure what you're talking about specifically but I'm advocating for the use of the catalytic converter shields and said nothing about thieves unscrewing anything. Maybe you misread? Baracuda dude said he doesn't need one since he only parks at home and work and I was merely pointing out that thieves are stealing these in 30-60 seconds by cutting off with a sawzall, not a portable grinder so unless he only parks his Maverick at home or work and never a grocery store, or restaurant or anywhere for 10 minutes or so his train of thought is a little misguided.
I do take it other places, but dont really ever park where I cant keep an eye on it. Today I took my boy to Wendy's for lunch, and we sat where I kept a watchful eye on it. I am also a concealed carry holder. I think it would be great fun to see somebody stuffing their ass under my truck with a portable sawsall. I would love to catch them in the act.

If I go anywhere that I cannot keep a watchful eye on it, I have a beat to shit worn out 2008 Chevy HHR I use. Honestly I dont care about that car. If it got cut off, I'd just weld in a test pipe and be done with it.

OP
OP
NoVaJimmy

NoVaJimmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lexus GX 460
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I do take it other places, but dont really ever park where I cant keep an eye on it. Today I took my boy to Wendy's for lunch, and we sat where I kept a watchful eye on it. I am also a concealed carry holder. I think it would be great fun to see somebody stuffing their ass under my truck with a portable sawsall. I would love to catch them in the act.

If I go anywhere that I cannot keep a watchful eye on it, I have a beat to shit worn out 2008 Chevy HHR I use. Honestly I dont care about that car. If it got cut off, I'd just weld in a test pipe and be done with it.
Concealed carry holder here as well with lots of experience and many years in the military. I don't really condone confronting thieves if there is no imminent harm to my life or someone else's life, it's a catalytic converter and can be replaced and the best thing to do is keep your distance, take as many details as possible and notify law enforcement. An off duty sheriff was killed doing just that, confronting catalytic converter thieves in the process of hitting his vehicle. Since these crews seem to work in groups of 2 or 3, those odds are not favorable and I'm not Dirty Harry. Also, not many people have a second car so unfortunately I don't think your personal situation is the norm and a shield for the catalytic converter is something I think most people would be interested in.
Sponsored