Play YouTube on connected touch audio?

Jbrewyt

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Tacoma, 08 Mazda 3
Have an XL trim. Remember seeing some one on the maverick Facebook page months back saying they were able to make YouTube play on the Audio screen. Tried to search for it again to find the details about it and couldn’t find it. Also tried searching the forum and Google and didn’t find anything about it. So does anyone know, can it be done?
Sponsored

Anton4

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don’t think so. When I connect my phone to android auto, it automatically populates the apps on the screen. The only ones in the menu are apps with music, podcasts, messaging, weather and maps,. Nothing with video. But then again, do you really want to be watching YouTube while you’re driving? 😎

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don’t think so. When I connect my phone to android auto, it automatically populates the apps on the screen. The only ones in the menu are apps with music, podcasts, messaging, weather and maps,. Nothing with video. But then again, do you really want to be watching YouTube while you’re driving? 😎
You never had a game playing over the bluetooth that the local radio did not carry?

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I run you tube all the time. There are lots of you tubers for whom the actual video is irrelevant. It's what they are talking about that's money. Channels like "The History Guy" or Mark Felton are awesome but you don't need to see the video to enjoy their talks. It's like listening to podcasts.

Sponsored

Anton4

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I run you tube all the time. There are lots of you tubers for whom the actual video is irrelevant. It's what they are talking about that's money. Channels like "The History Guy" or Mark Felton are awesome but you don't need to see the video to enjoy their talks. It's like listening to podcasts.
OK…I get that. You can probably do that via Bluetooth but it doesn’t appear to be possible with android auto.

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

GreatWhiteNorth

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I listen to YouTube music thru Android Auto - works well. Kind of nice using voice command (play next) to advance thru a playlist, or the radio tuner forward button also advances to next song... pretty slick actually.

Edit... can listen to the YouTube music app playing in the background, while the Google Map displays. I've barely scratched the surface on using Android Auto, but I really like it so far.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Jbrewyt

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Tacoma, 08 Mazda 3
Thanks all. I’m actually using Apple CarPlay not android.
And no, it’s not necessary for me to play YouTube videos, nor would I be playing them while driving, but, it would be a cool feature if I could.
thanks
Sponsored