First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I did a search and was surprised to find that with all the grumbling about the controversial choice of orange interior accents, that no one has mentioned simply plastidipping them. On many surfaces it would maintain the same rubberized type of surface since its a rubberized coating, but just change the color. You can even slightly glossify and add more durability by topping with a layer of glossifier protectant. And with plastidip, if you need to return the lease or just change your mind about accent color you can peel and redo or return to stock, no harm, no foul.
Ford Maverick Plastidip Orange Interior Bits? Ford-Maverick_Hybrid_XLT_14-1-768x410

Plastidip comes in various colors as well, or alternatively, I've seen Rustoleum paintable primer, which is basically a plastidip that you can paint on top of and then you could perhaps match your exterior color more exactly so instead of the darker orange you could buy a can of Cyber Orange touchup spraypaint to brighten it:
Sponsored

OP
OP
JASmith

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
And BTW, plastidip if properly applied can be very durable.

This has been out in the sun everyday parked outside battling bugs and the like for a few years and still looks the same as the day I plastidipped the chrome grill and the chrome "RAM" emblems on the side, that now at least from a distance look like they came black.
Ford Maverick Plastidip Orange Interior Bits? 5298nkk

I am looking to add more Orange :)
Just get yourself one of those orange spray tans, and you'll radiate orange in the cabin.

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
And BTW, plastidip if properly applied can be very durable.

This has been out in the sun everyday parked outside battling bugs and the like for a few years and still looks the same as the day I plastidipped the chrome grill and the chrome "RAM" emblems on the side, that now at least from a distance look like they came black.
Ford Maverick Plastidip Orange Interior Bits? 5298nkk

Just get yourself one of those orange spray tans, and you'll radiate orange in the cabin.
I am ready ! Lariat interior not to my taste but was much quieter and more comfortable on my road test vs XLT- But not sure I want to live with brown seats and a 36k+ build

Mav

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Maverick
Dip is okay. But not something I would use for that purpose. Why not use primer and actual paint? Unless you’re after something that’s peal-able and flat. I’ve used it on quite a few cars. More of a temp solution that anything else.

Sponsored

OP
OP
JASmith

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Dip is okay. But not something I would use for that purpose. Why not use primer and actual paint? Unless you’re after something that’s peal-able and flat. I’ve used it on quite a few cars. More of a temp solution that anything else.
Paint doesn't like to flex, is slippery, and permanent.

cucumber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Subaru Outback
I'm not sure I'd plasti-dip the rubber trays/inserts in the center console. Plasti-dip might not separate easily from a rubber surface the same way it would from a painted/plastic one. Plus, you can purchase black inserts (the ones that come with the XL) inexpensively from Ford parts.

The other hard orange pieces, on the other hand - the door handles and orange vents - would be totally doable. However, that leaves the orange stitching on the seats. Your only real option there is to live with it or get them reupholstered.

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I did a search and was surprised to find that with all the grumbling about the controversial choice of orange interior accents, that no one has mentioned simply plastidipping them. On many surfaces it would maintain the same rubberized type of surface since its a rubberized coating, but just change the color. You can even slightly glossify and add more durability by topping with a layer of glossifier protectant. And with plastidip, if you need to return the lease or just change your mind about accent color you can peel and redo or return to stock, no harm, no foul.
Ford-Maverick_Hybrid_XLT_14-1-768x410.jpg

Plastidip comes in various colors as well, or alternatively, I've seen Rustoleum paintable primer, which is basically a plastidip that you can paint on top of and then you could perhaps match your exterior color more exactly so instead of the darker orange you could buy a can of Cyber Orange touchup spraypaint to brighten it:
The good news is that the 2 ugly orange pices in the center console come right out leaving the console black!

raymaines

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alto Blue Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
While doing my usual exhaustive research, I spent well over 90, perhaps as much as 120, seconds sitting in an XLT and was pleasantly surprised by how much nicer the orange bits looked in real life than they appear in photos. If I had an XLT I think I'd move recoloring the orange stuff down on the priority list and live with it for a few weeks before I did anything rash.

Sponsored

atomguy245

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Bolt EUV, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Can't you just buy the XL parts and swap them out? I assume those are black. Then all you'd have left are the orange pieces on the vents, but even those could be swapped out if you really wanted.

OP
OP
JASmith

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Can't you just buy the XL parts and swap them out? I assume those are black. Then all you'd have left are the orange pieces on the vents, but even those could be swapped out if you really wanted.
That's a real question these days with parts shortages galore. If cheap and available, that is a good point though.

atomguy245

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Bolt EUV, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's a real question these days with parts shortages galore. If cheap and available, that is a good point though.
Sadly true. The plastic on the door handles could be painted pretty easily, but aren't the center console inserts rubbery? Is it even possible to paint or plastidip them?

OP
OP
JASmith

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sadly true. The plastic on the door handles could be painted pretty easily, but aren't the center console inserts rubbery? Is it even possible to paint or plastidip them?
Plastidip sticks to rubber and is itself rubber and unlike most paint is very flexible.

Its even very heat resistant, and I've had my exhaust tips coated in plastidip without issues on the Ram and didn't change color or fade (yes, I could have used matt black high temp paint, but this way returning to chrome is easy). You can even plastidip crochet slippers to make the soles waterproof and antislip, you can plastidip foam like pick&pluck gun case foam to make it a solid piece, you can even use it like heat shrink tubing and plastidip electrical connectors.

Its just very weak to solvents, so WD40, paint thinner, gasoline, stuff like that can liquify it.

Ford Maverick Plastidip Orange Interior Bits? oTUdMPT

JennyJoannSuebeeMcNash

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'd be happy to be able to buy one of the orange trays and inserts from the XLT for my future XL. Haven't even seen this as an available accessory yet.
Sponsored