Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TSX Sportwagon
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
"scary old wives tale.
Those batteries will not be in land fill, it's illegal."

So its legal to throw 300 million plastic bags in the Atlantic each year?

Not trying to flame anyone, just pointing out lots of people could care less about properly disposing of their waste..

My shop is located in a business condo type of set up and there are about six businesses that work on cars. Two of them are run by the book but the other four throw their shit where they want. There's a creek behind the building full of old tires, radiators, BATTERIES, whatever was light enough to throw down there.

One guy was running a catering business. He took out his water fountain and had the drain hooked up to the over flow pipe on his deep fryer retention tank.
Sponsored

Wasatch-Man

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
"scary old wives tale.
Those batteries will not be in land fill, it's illegal."

So its legal to throw 300 million plastic bags in the Atlantic each year?

Not trying to flame anyone, just pointing out lots of people could care less about properly disposing of their waste..

My shop is located in a business condo type of set up and there are about six businesses that work on cars. Two of them are run by the book but the other four throw their shit where they want. There's a creek behind the building full of old tires, radiators, BATTERIES, whatever was light enough to throw down there.

One guy was running a catering business. He took out his water fountain and had the drain hooked up to the over flow pipe on his deep fryer retention tank.
yep there's always the A-Hole factor

OXHB619

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB 2.0
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford actually uses recycled ocean plastics. Wish they could fish out more of the scratch resistant plastics for the Maverick :ROFLMAO: . Not sure what the percentage is in the Maverick, but I feel like it was discussed when it was announced.

Sponsored

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford actually uses recycled ocean plastics. Wish they could fish out more of the scratch resistant plastics for the Maverick :ROFLMAO: . Not sure what the percentage is in the Maverick, but I feel like it was discussed when it was announced.
Yup!

Wiring harness clips in Ford Bronco™ Sport models are made of ocean-harvested plastic – commonly referred to as “ghost gear.” The strength and durability of the nylon material equals that of previously used petroleum-based parts but with a 10 % cost savings and requiring less energy to produce. The small parts represent a large first step in the company’s plans to produce other parts of recycled ocean plastics on other models.
https://media.ford.com/content/ford...ford-bronco-sport-recycled-ocean-plastic.html

OP
OP
son of a ..sven

son of a ..sven

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Dang. Now I'm feeling guilty that I didn't find a car with a sustainable bamboo interior!
"The rear seats in the Rolls-Royce Phantom Platino, which debuted last year, are made from fabric, not leather. The upholstered material contains bamboo fibers and silk, "making it wholly sustainable," said Warming. "The experience is elevated luxury," Warming said." uh...a bit( more than) out of my price range, although I knew someone who made a pickup out of a 1945 Rolls...way back when....

OP
OP
son of a ..sven

son of a ..sven

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes...they do use some...I was told the lower part of the dash, where it's a lighter color and has that squarish type design in it..by the glove box. It's a start, and a good thing.

Red Thunder

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's not as bad as the mess all these hybrid and electric car batteries will be once they end up in a land fill and start polluting our ground water. At least plastic can be strained out from the water unlike heavy metals.
Batterys are recycled to a much higher % than plastic.

OP
OP
son of a ..sven

son of a ..sven

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sponsored
OP
OP
son of a ..sven

son of a ..sven

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Mavapa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Don't forget all the plastic on windmill blades that go off into the air and soil as the blades deteriorate from UV and the like. An inconvenient truth in this day and age it seems.

I'm also willing to bet, but I have no facts to back it up that the majority of of plastic in automobiles gets recycled through the junkyards, as opposed to all those plastic water bottles.

Sorry, but just not seeing a lot of automotive dashboards and door panels in the rivers when I go fly fishing. :ROFLMAO:
The claim that wind turbine blades shed micro plastics is not true. The blades have negligible amounts of plastics that can be emitted or eroded by UV or other types of weathering.

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The claim that wind turbine blades shed micro plastics is not true. The blades have negligible amounts of plastics that can be emitted or eroded by UV or other types of weathering.
It's an ongoing debate as both sides have an agenda and a dog in the fight. I stay away from American media generally and get a lot of information from Scandinavian sources who seem not to be so pre occupied with as many agendas.

May I suggest you do some further research on the matter. As stated earlier many blades are 25% PP. PP micro plastic release can also be a problem in baby bottles but this is a different subject, of course.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So what? If it's really that bad why don't the people pushing the "crisis" live and act as if there really is a crisis?
Sponsored