First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes. This was one of the test vehicles before they revealed it to the public.
Oh I see. The paint job doesn't seem to hide much other than possible the Company brand
Sponsored

BigB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It most likely would’ve looked like this before.
Ford Maverick [Picture located] mountain bike tail gate cover pad on Maverick bed 1626222232681

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It most likely would’ve looked like this before.
1626222232681.png
Wow!!! That is really hiding a vehicle!! I can see how the motor press would be throwing out a lot of speculations on seeing this picture! Thanks! I've really been learning a lot about new vehicles and the order process from reading these forums. The Maverick is my first new truck I've bought without putting hands on it first.

BigB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wow!!! That is really hiding a vehicle!! I can see how the motor press would be throwing out a lot of speculations on seeing this picture! Thanks! I've really been learning a lot about new vehicles and the order process from reading these forums. The Maverick is my first new truck I've bought without putting hands on it first.
You’re welcome. I’m glad to help.

slashy42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Oh I see. The paint job doesn't seem to hide much other than possible the Company brand
I think mainly that in testing a lot of things aren't finalized like specific body contours, trim piece color and material, etcetera... The dotted paint jobs can help hide that stuff and prevent competitors from knowing every detail. Some of the earlier test vehicles were completely wrapped in fabric covers. Pretty crazy.

Sponsored

66six

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius / 22 Ford Mavrick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Are you sure it wasn't this pic?

HRG

SC bike.JPG
I don’t even own a mountain bike but I do have a dirt bike good luck putting it in the back and No I’m not going to remove the front wheel every time I want to go riding.

Amakrida

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think I like the DIY option Ford provided better with the quick release front wheel. I'd prefer everything in the bed if possible even with it being a bit more inconvenient to take the wheel on and off.

kingranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ford.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
On a related note to this, if you go with this type of bike transport you could risk damaging your finish with it. I am unsure how much better they have gotten since I first used one. Unless you are able to restrict all movement of the pad, it will rub in transit. A slight amount of dust or dirt could make its way between the pad and tailgate can put it at risk to get some nice swirly patterns in the clear coat. A lot of people split a pool noodle to put between the pad and the tailgate, though I have not tried it personally.

I'll likely go with a hitch rack, or even the DIY Ford put together for transport (if I decide to swap in a quick-release front tire on the bikes). The DIY option is a little involved for people who just want to grab the bike and go.

Of course, all that is just my opinion and I'm just trying to give people something to think about.
The Yakima Gatekeeper tailgate pad features a very soft fur-like material on the backside to prevent blemishing the paint. Tailgate pads do a really good job of keeping the bike stable, I wouldn't worry about rubbing.

Hmmm the Santa Cruz holds one bike in the bed at an angle. The Maverick holds three not angled. Winner Maverick!
I bet it can hold more than three :)

dceggert

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion, 2019 Ranger, 2024 Maverick ordered
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think mainly that in testing a lot of things aren't finalized like specific body contours, trim piece color and material, etcetera... The dotted paint jobs can help hide that stuff and prevent competitors from knowing every detail. Some of the earlier test vehicles were completely wrapped in fabric covers. Pretty crazy.
Standard practice in the auto industry. There are covers for the exterior and covers for the interior. The spy photographers love following the 'cammo' vehicles, taking pics of the outside, and taking pics of the inside on a regular basis.
Sponsored