First Name
Kimo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus ES 300H
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No wonder so many aftermarket parts don't fit all that well. Come on... tape measure and a concerned look?
Sponsored

2cafn8d

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Monica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Jeep Wrangler, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I think Maverick lowering springs will be assured. Plus, Eibach is also there taking suspension measurements. (y)
YAY! I wouldn't be unhappy with coilovers either.

KimoCarew

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kimo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus ES 300H
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I know right? I was thinking the same thing.. I assumed most in the aftermarket would prefer to use Ford's computer-aided design files to make their parts from. I figured this measuring event was just a hands-on formality for the smaller crews that aren't as tight with Ford and have not previously had access to a Maverick in person.
It may have been a photo op...

medgar

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
winch on a Maverick? :ROFLMAO:

Where? Directly behind the painted plastic is the steel bumper, below that is the intercooler. A winch is never going to happen in a hidden fashion, will have to be exposed and mounted out front.
1628609286654.png
Yep. My XL Maverick will be used for light farm work on my land. All of our old Datsun/Ford/GMC pickups had one when used on Midwest farms and it is invaluable. Between moving logs, stumps, dead animals (Maybe some hunting involved), moving fishing rafts in and out of river on the high banks the winch will be used and is needed. Since it is light work not a large winch is needed.

Shay

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm curious what the main types of aftermarket accessories might come out of these types of events. Pictures show measurements being taken of the wheel well and suspension components, would look to be based around possible aftermarket lift or related items?
Everything. Tires, wheels, suspension kits, bumpers, styling bars, running boards, lighting, interior stuff, electronics, bed liners, etc.

Sponsored

slashy42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
No wonder so many aftermarket parts don't fit all that well. Come on... tape measure and a concerned look?
You are really under estimating what you can do with a good measuring tape and some knowledge.

If parts don't fit it isn't because measurements aren't sufficient, it's because they didn't know what they were doing.

WesM

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Someone PLEASE come out with some plastic fender liners. I have those same "fabric" type of fender liners on my current vehicle and they are impossible to clean. I literally drove on gravel once and the dust is forever trapped in them. We've got a high pressure wash at work and that along with a strong brush won't even get all of the dust/debris out of them.
I wonder if LineX would coat them. That might not look too bad and would definitely be more resilient.

asel3121

First Name
Asel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro
Engine
Undecided
Another commenter suggested them using Ford's digital files for their measurements. Perhaps they are - would it not help to double check by taking your own measurements? Have you not ever received a product that wasn't exactly as described?

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anyone else just happy its got 4 wheel disc brakes????

GaMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I wonder if LineX would coat them. That might not look too bad and would definitely be more resilient.
I’ve seen someone rhino liner a whole car, so yeah they would coat those.

Sponsored

kingranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ford.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
One could probably upgrade to Focus RS brakes if they really wanted to? I'll bet it's nearly a direct swap/upgrade on the Maverick like it is on the Escape.
They do not bolt up. I tried... 😢

But maybe Mach-E calipers will work 🤔

HarrisonFordMaverick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
winch on a Maverick? :ROFLMAO:

Where? Directly behind the painted plastic is the steel bumper, below that is the intercooler. A winch is never going to happen in a hidden fashion, will have to be exposed and mounted out front.
1628609286654.png
Warn winch would like to talk to you about what they've done for the Crosstrek, Outback, and Forester...
Ford Maverick Pics: 2022 Maverick Aftermarket Measuring Session at SEMA Garage 1628629927406

Ford Maverick Pics: 2022 Maverick Aftermarket Measuring Session at SEMA Garage 1628629997968

Ford Maverick Pics: 2022 Maverick Aftermarket Measuring Session at SEMA Garage 1628630026936

GaMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Why me?

Also, those are not "hidden", Warn explicitly calls them Semi-Hidden. You need their bulky bumper, not to mention that would block the entire intercooler on the Maverick, but nice try.
Maverick definitely will need a different bumper with external winch. No way to get rid of the intercooler needed on the 2.0 EB.

BigB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Seems like they could’ve swung by a car wash on the way there 🤷🏼‍♂️😆😆
Sponsored