Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3 sprinter van 65 chevy 11 Doka syncro
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

That's not a power locking tailgate, it's a tailgate lock which locks around the tailgate hinge and prevents someone from stealing the tailgate. The sales manager described it incorrectly. As of now you cannot add a locking power tailgate feature on the XL but they do make aftermarket kits for other Ford trucks so I'm sure soon enough there will be one.

Hinge lock.jpg
Well I am still confused . Because they asked if I was intending to put a bed cover on . They said it would lock the tailgate from opening .what you are describing is just for theft . But because Its the same price you are probably right .
Sponsored

FakeCowboy

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru WRX
Well I am still confused . Because they asked if I was intending to put a bed cover on . They said it would lock the tailgate from opening .what you are describing is just for theft . But because Its the same price you are probably right .
I'm definitely right but you can lock the tailgate, you just have to lock it manually with the key. Salespeople are either really great like the guy from Granger or really awful. I'll let you figure out where your sales person falls.