Sponsored

People who have received their truck: My truck has been delivered to the dealer. Question?

mrothe570

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Lexus IS300
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford tracker says it's undergoing final preparations at my local dealer. I haven't even been contacted yet that it's there. How long do "final preparations" usually take? Admittedly, we've had some really bad weather here over the past week. But I don't see why that would affect anything. Is it normal to have my truck be here but no one saying anything?
Sponsored

Aza

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I would contact them. Time allows for things to happen such as selling to the wrong person.

OP
OP

mrothe570

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Lexus IS300
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would contact them. Time allows for things to happen such as selling to the wrong person.
😁 after all the horror stories I've seen on here it's my biggest fear. I probably won't stop thinking about it until I'm actually driving the thing home.

But they assured me a week or so ago that they wouldn't do that and well I'm just going to choose to believe them. Well, believe them anxiously.

Sleeper 7

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Fusion 14 Ram Dump 23 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I would go get my truck. Final prep is 15 minutes in the recon bay.

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Usually it is a same day or overnight situation, depending on when it arrived, and when the prep people go home for the day. The "final prep" is to install any Dealer Installed Items, wash it, fuel it, and do a good inspection for anything that was missed when it came off the car carrier.

For mine, the prep people come in early and leave early, so I was not able to take it home the same day it arrived. I was able to go do all the paperwork that night though. They took my trade-in and then turned right back around and let me "borrow"/loaner my trade-in for the night for free. It was funny since it meant they took the plates off my trade-in and I was driving it without owning it anymore. Sort of like when I sold my condo and then rented back from the new owners for a few months. One second you own it, the next second you are a renter (or in this case vehicle borrower).

Next morning I rolled back into the dealership with my "borrowed from them" minivan and they tossed some Maverick keys at me. No paperwork, no signatures, nothing (all done the night before). They literally were like "here are the Maverick keys, give us the keys to the minvan and see ya later".

Sponsored

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Don't wait on the dealer. Contact your salesperson immediately to confirm the vehicle is there. Maybe even go down there. "Final prep" is not a step where you really need to wait on them; get the ball rolling. The longer you let it sit on the lot (if it's really there), the more likely someone "accidentally" sells it to someone else...

Waterick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
, seeRichard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Maverick Lariat, '14 Prius, '83 Mustang 5.0 co
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

😁 after all the horror stories I've seen on here ..... they assured me a week or so ago that they wouldn't do that and well I'm just going to choose to believe them. Well, believe them anxiously.

If you're not looking for advice, then why the post? I would not wait, mistakes happen....

BLZ57

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick on order; 2016 Shelby GT=H
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My truck arrived late last Friday; Dealer called me then. Appointment set for yesterday Tuesday at 2PM, and it went home with me Tuesday at 4PM. It had to go through the dealer's service department to enable ignition (to prevent being stolen during transport per my sales lady) and they washed and cleaned it up, filled it up with a full tank of gas. So my final prep took about 1 & 1/2 days. Loving the Mav!

Mc_Flier

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Area 51 Maverick Hybrid, Street Glide Special
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Mine was finalized 22 hours after they telephoned. It was poorly detailed, out of fuel and had 16 miles on the odometer. I didn’t realize the delivery truck parked so far from the dealership.

Sponsored

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My salesman called me the day my truck rolled into the dealership on the car hauler and I purchased it and drove it home the same day. Based on some horror stories on this forum, suggest you make an IN PERSON visit ASAP to see the truck and get the paperwork done.

First Name
Loree
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Countryman
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford tracker says it's undergoing final preparations at my local dealer. I haven't even been contacted yet that it's there. How long do "final preparations" usually take? Admittedly, we've had some really bad weather here over the past week. But I don't see why that would affect anything. Is it normal to have my truck be here but no one saying anything?
I've been reading all of these depressing posts for the past year wondering why I ever decided to purchase a truck? I ordered it January 26, 2022 and was told 4-6 months; reasonable. In September I was notified like so many others that a 2022 was no longer an option. I reordered at the new price and a new finance rate. Quite angry and wondering why I continued to punish myself. I was notified in early November that I had a VIN and a date for the build. It left Mexico in early December and landed in Vancouver BC at the end of the month where it still sits. I've been told it is not due to recalls but that Ford has to do some kind of "quality control"? The ford.ca tracking site tells me 3-4 more weeks from now until delivery to my dealer in Victoria. Has anybody else run in to this situation?

AltoBAP

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jefferson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Fusion SE 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
😁 after all the horror stories I've seen on here it's my biggest fear. I probably won't stop thinking about it until I'm actually driving the thing home.

But they assured me a week or so ago that they wouldn't do that and well I'm just going to choose to believe them. Well, believe them anxiously.
Sounds like a terrible decision.

capo99

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Kicks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've been reading all of these depressing posts for the past year wondering why I ever decided to purchase a truck? I ordered it January 26, 2022 and was told 4-6 months; reasonable. In September I was notified like so many others that a 2022 was no longer an option. I reordered at the new price and a new finance rate. Quite angry and wondering why I continued to punish myself. I was notified in early November that I had a VIN and a date for the build. It left Mexico in early December and landed in Vancouver BC at the end of the month where it still sits. I've been told it is not due to recalls but that Ford has to do some kind of "quality control"? The ford.ca tracking site tells me 3-4 more weeks from now until delivery to my dealer in Victoria. Has anybody else run in to this situation?
Mine was built 1/12/23 and Ford chat tells me week of 3/20/23 for delivery. Glen Oak Westshore in Victoria. Ridiculous delivery time. Dealer hasn’t been that helpful latel.

sgtcurry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Palisade, Model X, Ioniq 5
Engine
Undecided
Just picked my maverick up monday 1/30. Dealer called me around 1:30pm said it just came in on the truck. Finished Inventory, PDI and detailing around 7pm. Finished test driving and signing paperwork around 10.
Sponsored