Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.patriot-ceramics.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 GTI, '11 Infiniti FX35, '23 Atlas Blue Mave XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Patriot ceramics is going to be heading east in March or April.

Now the ROEs (rules of engagement) will be as follows

I am going to be making this trip over 6 to 7 total days.
My goal is to coat minimum 7 to maximum.8 trucks.
All prices are standard and only for maverick truck.club members (I will only be offering the 4-5 year graphene/ceramic coating, this is for advanced pro line adams coating). I can also, alternatively do the Gtechnique Crystal Serum Light (it is more like 3 years, however I overcoat it with EXO which provides 4 years of protection)

It is your choice. the prices are identical

Prices include the following:
Claybar all exterior surfaces, rain x/glass seal all exterior glass, clean all door jambs, clean wheels, machine polish to paint correct defects (up to 6 hrs of correction included) anything that is very swirled or requires multiple stages will be an additional (maybe 100 to 250) but nothing more. We are talking about a surface that has been beat thru the touch car washes (scratch and slap washes), most trucks (i hope) would have minimal correction.
Alcohol wipedown, and then setting the coating on all exterior paint surfaces, also on door jambs, and wheels (this is GREAT value)

TOPPERS or TONEAU covers that are painted, are an additional 150 to 200 extra.

Regular Patriot Price $1575.00
Maverick Truck Club Price (always offered to members) $1175

NOW--i am still thinking of TRAVELING to you guys. I am thinking Dallas because it is centrally located, I may be coming down Kansas (wichita area) and thru OK (OKC area) so if there is one or 2 trucks in those two spots I can stop for 1 day or 2 each accordingly. However, if you can make it down to my central location would be best.
I am going to need from YOU guys, if anyone in the DFW area can provide a good covered garage space, or maybe a warehouse?

I am going to be footing the gas/or travel costs meals, lodging, etc. But if you can help me with the space, and of course access to power and water.

I look forward to meeting with all of you. The days are still not set in stone.

ALTERNATE PLAN--(could it sweeten the deal for some?)
Now, I am pretty busy right now with my military duty, I am also starting to get cars to do (as the weather starts to warm!) as colorado cars come out to play...I am proposing this ALTERNATE plan.

I will offer an even better deal of $1050 for the 4-5 year coating include jambs and wheels (all described above)--but the caveat would be YOU travel to my garage in Denver, Colorado.
Another positive is that I have access to my vinyl guy, tint guy, and anything else you may need while here (we just need a heads up of what you are needing).

The good thing about this is I am offering that from NOW (Jan13, 2023 to Oct 15, 2023) to the date listed.
Think about it! Travel to beautiful colorado, while your car gets coated and save HUNDREDS. you will not find a better deal anywhere for the amount of work and quality.

PLEASE POST ON THIS THREAD IF YOU ARE IN for the TEXAS coatings (i need color, model, name)

LAST POINT--if we agree to the trip and i can come up with 7 to 8 trucks confirmed and COMMITTED, I will need $200 deposit to buy the materials, this will be non-refundable, but it will go towards your invoice, so you will be due a balance of 975 upon completion.

I prefer CASH, but do take credit cards (with a 2% fee), or checks (i know where you live):)
I do not do venmo unless we separate the payments to under 600 ea and it is a friend gift, because i simply dont want to pay the venmo fee, u know.

Thank you to all of you for the insights you provide, the pictures, the banter, the technical knowledge and the overall community.

I appreciate you and I hope when you need a coating or anything else you come to us here at PATRIOT!!!

God Bless America!

POST HERE, WHO IS IN? :)
Sponsored

Eja20

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Efrain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 pilot
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Put me down one way or another like I told you in text if I come your way or your here first I’m down

Speed2000

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TSX Sportwagon
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Good luck on this. I did the same thing with PPF twenty odd years ago when the market was new and there were very few installers nationwide.

I thought it was a great idea at first but soon found out it was better to concentrate on the local market. Doing mobile work meant I had to work in the customers garage. It was usually crammed with bicycles, lawnmowers, rakes and shovels hanging precariously on the walls, poor lighting, washing machines and driers with leaky vents, dog/cat hair floating around...all very bad conditions for film installation.

Then had to deal with complaint calls from customers and a 5 to 6 hour drive for a two minute fix. Most people would prefer to deal with local venders anyway because if they do have an issue they won't have to deal with getting the original vender back for a fix.

My advice would be to concentrate on the local market. We just started offering System X a year ago and even though the market is flooded here ( two ceramic companies have come and gone right next door to me and there are two different companies in the building on the other side of my shop ) we have more than we can handle most days. Dealerships have gone crazy preloading cars with whatever they think of to add profit and many add ceramic coating that's not really a true ceramic. If you can convince one dealership to use you, the only road trips you'll be making will be for vacation.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Patriot-ceramics

Patriot-ceramics

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.patriot-ceramics.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 GTI, '11 Infiniti FX35, '23 Atlas Blue Mave XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thnks for the advice.

I've been doing this 14 yrs

My experience differs.

I did this at 5th gen rams and was able to get 8 trucks and I like traveling to TX bc I have preexisting clients.
Dealer work?
Negative. They are cheap, whiney and want u do to.coatings for 599 so they can upsell for 1500
I've had calls from dealerships...it is usually to tell me well we have 9 cars and we need them yesterday.
I'm not doing this to get rich or churn out volume..I offer it as a means for someone to afford a true ceramic. I charge by the job so if it takes me 6 or 16hrs that's on me.
I don't rush..I love cars..like you I'm sure..so for me it is quality over quantity
Most of my clients I do 5 to 9 cars for they have climate controlled well lit areas where they store toys....
I totally get that..yes..I do occasionally have that tiny garage w dryer and drywall peeling and cold and dirt..but that's the exception not te norm.
Do i.want more biz? Of course but I'm not gonna do work for dealers who don't even.knowhow to was cars..
The worse "detailing" I've seen in my lifetime is stealerships

We will.see how this turns out I had about 4 to 5 people..

Thnks for your input

Speed2000

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TSX Sportwagon
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Oh I get it with dealerships. There was a time when they valued quality vender workmanship. High quality products that would outlast its warranty period and beyond. Now most don't care about how long a product lasts or negative long term issues, its short term profit and perceived value.

One thing "our" customers dont realize is its impossible for us to know just how long a product will last without long term experience with said product. I get emails ever month from film companies touting their new formula PPF is the best ever. Never met a sales rep that offered "second" best.

I tell them to send a sample and say I'll get back with them after five years once I've had a chance to see if it will last. I had one brand turn into mush in six months and one brand start cracking after two years and took hours to remove.

The product I use now is the same film I've used for over ten years now and know when I apply it to my customers car that it won't turn to mush or start cracking under normal conditions for a long time.

FloodingdowninTX

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My silver XL is not a candidate. Would it be worth it if my wife's Atlantic Blue '22 GTI S (VW) made a run up from Austin that week, and what charge would you consider?

Sponsored

FloodingdowninTX

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You're owed the respect of a decline, not that we're not tempted by your nice car and quality offer. Reasons, oh song lyrics abound. A little too far a drive if nothing else. Best of luck on your enterprise gentlemen.

respi133

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Appreciate the post and keeping an eye on it in case you get a good group together for Austin/SA area, doubtful but I'm watching lol. Mentioned before in your other thread but I'm planning a Denver trip this summer and hope to meet up with you for a quality wrap at a good rate, will DM once I've got my details laid out late Spring/early Summer so I can try to sync with ya.

clofan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would take you up on it if you come to Arkansas! But maybe I can convince the wife we need a vacation to Denver instead
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.