Sponsored

Tlk2MeGooz

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Not quite there yet but I do plan on getting the rooftop tent and mounting it over the bed. Obviously nothing too crazy with the offroad adventure but I can honestly say the AWD has impressed me and I have taken it some areas I wouldn't have thought it would do as great as it has. I've done the best I could with what was available. Currently not too much available for the Maverick. The rails I found are only rated for 200 lbs so before I go forward with the tent I'll need to get another rail or figure something else out. The rails are wider than the bed which helps with getting additional accessories mounted. I have a Thule cargo box, basket and a fly rod holder. There is still enough room to squeeze the 4.5 awning and or the shower on the rails. With this setup you can see how most any other rail mount accessories could work such as bike mounts and smaller water sport accessories. Checkout the photos and enjoy.

Ford Maverick Overlanding setup for the Maverick 🤔 20220427_153239

Ford Maverick Overlanding setup for the Maverick 🤔 20220427_153306
Sponsored

MaverickGal

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Laurie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not quite there yet but I do plan on getting the rooftop tent and mounting it over the bed. Obviously nothing too crazy with the offroad adventure but I can honestly say the AWD has impressed me and I have taken it some areas I wouldn't have thought it would do as great as it has. I've done the best I could with what was available. Currently not too much available for the Maverick. The rails I found are only rated for 200 lbs so before I go forward with the tent I'll need to get another rail or figure something else out. The rails are wider than the bed which helps with getting additional accessories mounted. I have a Thule cargo box, basket and a fly rod holder. There is still enough room to squeeze the 4.5 awning and or the shower on the rails. With this setup you can see how most any other rail mount accessories could work such as bike mounts and smaller water sport accessories. Checkout the photos and enjoy.

20220427_153239.jpg

20220427_153306.jpg
Nicely rigged! Have some good adventure rides!

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

You can get a Leitner rack, but those are $$$ and also will put the tent above the cab. Will destroy the mileage.

Chris McD

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

20220427_153239.jpg

20220427_153306.jpg
Try BillieBars or KB Voodoo for bed rails. They hold well over 500lbs. I think BillieBars holds 1000.

Last edited:

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You can get a Leitner rack, but those are $$$ and also will put the tent above the cab. Will destroy the mileage.
Just do like all us poor alcoholics and pack a regular tent, find a reasonably flat spot that is slightly higher than the surrounding terrain, and just throw a foam mat inside to make it soft. Now you can stumble in and out on all fours. Voila!

Sponsored

Deleted member 9167

Can you share the link where you bought the rail/brackets? And if possible, can you post a pic showing how the brackets attach to the bed rails? Thanks!

Payton333

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'd love to know what cargo rack that is? Thanks!
Sponsored