First Name
Marcello
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Can anyone recommend a good company which makes a full body soft cover to protect the Maverick when being parked outdoors ? I do not have a garage and want to protect the vehicle from the elements. Thank You.
Sponsored

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4, Chevy Chevelle SS, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a Morhept for a car that’s outside all the time and that cover is amazing!

They make one that’ll fit the length of the Mav but labeled as a SUV cover. It won’t be perfect but if nothing else is available that could do the trick.

I’m interested to see what others have to say.

OP
OP
nunucello

nunucello

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marcello
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a Morhept for a car that’s outside all the time and that cover is amazing!

They make one that’ll fit the length of the Mav but labeled as a SUV cover. It won’t be perfect but if nothing else is available that could do the trick.

Thank you so much for the recommendation. Much appreciated.

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

New York has weather? When did this happen?

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4, Chevy Chevelle SS, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Sponsored

OP
OP
nunucello

nunucello

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marcello
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

The Morhept looks good. This may be the ticket for me. Thanks again.

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nothing will destroy your paint faster than using a car cover outdoors. I highly highly recommend you research this further. If you were to get anything, erect a car port if you can.

OP
OP
nunucello

nunucello

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marcello
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nothing will destroy your paint faster than using a car cover outdoors. I highly highly recommend you research this further. If you were to get anything, erect a car port if you can.
Ok - thank you.

OP
OP
nunucello

nunucello

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marcello
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Would it be ok to use an outdoor cover only during the fall and winter in the Northeast US ?

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Would it be ok to use an outdoor cover only during the fall and winter in the Northeast US ?
So the short and sweet of it is that a car cover can only go on a vehicle if its perfectly clean, any dirt left on the vehicle will be rubbed by the cover across the paint over and over with the breeze. Covers also tend to trap some moisture underneath them, which can further degrade the paint. The only truly safe car cover is on a freshly washed vehicle that is stored indoors like a garage, shed, or hanger where its in still air. Cars otherwise left outdoors under car covers for long periods of time develop these dull patches on certain points usually the mirrors, the front bumper, rear bumper, and roof sections where the movement of the cover with the breeze and any dirt rubs it raw.

Vehicles left outdoors are generally better off protected by waxes and other products that keep away oxidation and contaminants and UV.

Carports are great as they can provide some shelter but don't have the "one million strokes of sandpaper" effect of a car cover since its not touching the vehicle, and its also just more practical since washing your car and then covering it every time you take it out isn't realistic.

There are a ton of options, just make sure its anything that's not touching the vehicle:

OP
OP
nunucello

nunucello

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marcello
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So the short and sweet of it is that a car cover can only go on a vehicle if its perfectly clean, any dirt left on the vehicle will be rubbed by the cover across the paint over and over with the breeze. Covers also tend to trap some moisture underneath them, which can further degrade the paint. The only truly safe car cover is on a freshly washed vehicle that is stored indoors like a garage, shed, or hanger where its in still air. Cars otherwise left outdoors under car covers for long periods of time develop these dull patches on certain points usually the mirrors, the front bumper, rear bumper, and roof sections where the movement of the cover with the breeze and any dirt rubs it raw.

Vehicles left outdoors are generally better off protected by waxes and other products that keep away oxidation and contaminants and UV.

Carports are great as they can provide some shelter but don't have the "one million strokes of sandpaper" effect of a car cover since its not touching the vehicle, and its also just more practical since washing your car and then covering it every time you take it out isn't realistic.

There are a ton of options, just make sure its anything that's not touching the vehicle:
thank you very much. this is great info
Sponsored