First Name
rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger, F150, F150, Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is it true that when you change from Hybrid to EB you lose your place in line? If so, that’s one hell of an incentive considering that Ford is asking us to do it.
Ford isn't asking you to switch to Ecoboost, they are giving you the opportunity to switch to Ecoboos to give you a better chance to get your order built.
Sponsored

JohnHartshorn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Toyota Sienna XSE - Mav Hybrid XLT LUX Area 51
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Constraints is the more important issue than order date. Hybrid engine is SEVERELY constrained. All other things equal, you will get an EB long before you get a Hybrid, especially if you are not a roll-over AND/OR have other constrained items on your order. Ford is going to build what they have the parts for regardless of order date. Having said that, I have always recommended ordering the truck you want, not the one you think will get built faster. There was a reason you chose the hybrid. Is that reason still valid? If not, swap to the EB.

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is it true that when you change from Hybrid to EB you lose your place in line? If so, that’s one hell of an incentive considering that Ford is asking us to do it.
Even if you did.... you still have a much greater chance of having an EB scheduled than hybrid. So you also might be jumping ahead in line!

woozoo

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Woo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford isn't asking you to switch to Ecoboost, they are giving you the opportunity to switch to Ecoboos to give you a better chance to get your order built.
Maybe not yet, but we shall see in the coming months. Just this week, they asked Bronco Wildtrak orders to switch to another trim.

Ron43

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford Maverick AWD ,XLT , FX4, Luxury package
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
They asked me to remove my luxury package, tonneau cover and spray bed , I said no , added like 4 more months but worth it, I want what I want that’s why I built it.

Sponsored

Godzilla

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Don’t know but I waited for 15 months for a hybrid, changed to an Ecoboost and got scheduled the next week.

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No line so that's not correct. You're either scheduled, in previewing, or waiting. If waiting it's about constraints and priority code not when it was ordered.

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Seems to me that by moving from hybrid to EB, you don't so much "lose your place in line" as move from a very long line at the most popular ride in Maverick Land (think "Disney Land" but with fewer rides and lacking adult leadership) to a much shorter line at a slightly less popular ride, but one that can handle twice as many people per "trip"...

I like that analogy because for some of us, we ONLY want to ride the hybrid, and we'd rather see the park close and have to get in line again the next day (model year) than settle for going on the other ride (Ecoboost).

Most of the people lined up for the Ecoboost ride are there because they really want to go on the Ecoboost ride. But some people are considering leaving the line for the Hybrid ride and getting into the Ecoboost ride line. They are doing so not necessarily because they really want to go on the Ecoboost ride, but because they see that line is shorter, and moving faster, and they want (or need) to ride something before the park closes, and they don't want to have to come back the next day (re-order for the next model year).

The analogy breaks down a bit because no matter which line you're in at "Maverick Land," you have no real idea where you are in the queue... (See earlier comment about "adult leadership"...)

It's more of a "mob scene" until you make it to the cordoned-off section (get your build date) and can finally see roughly where you are in line, and that you're probably going to get to ride...

Just my 3 cents worth. (Inflation and supply chain issues have raised the production cost for my silly ideas.)

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid, Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Problem is once its converted to a 23, there is no way Ford can distinguished if you were a rollover or not. You get mixed in with all the other Sep 22 orders. It was left up to the dealers to prioritize rollovers by assigning them a lower priority code.
This is the most frustrating part for me! There is a way for Ford to know if your 23 order is brand new or if it is a 22 reorder.

All they would have to do is check if the order has a private offer. All the private offers were originally 22 orders.

Ford is either too lazy or their IT department too incompetent to implement this simple logic!

OrangeBlue

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
People get totally confused around here by a couple concepts that are easily misunderstood.

1- There is no line, and orders are not built based on order date.
They are built based on dealer allocations and the priority code placed on the dealer's orders.
This assumes that all parts for your build are available currently.

If you ordered 15 months ago, and your dealer has no Mavericks allocated this month, you're not getting built.
If you ordered 12 months ago and your dealer has one Maverick allocated this month... you will get built, if your priority code is the lowest among that dealer's orders.
OTOH, if someone who ordered 4 months ago is at PC 12 and you're at 19, you're not getting built.

2- people seem to believe that the planning numbers/percentages Ford released for 2023 Maverick build mix are hard constraints.
I'm talking about Ford's published plan to build (I think) 65% EB and 35% Hybrid this year.
I do not think these numbers are absolute, and I don't think they are constraints per se. I have to believe that Ford's contracts for Hybrid supplies are somewhat flexible volume-wise.

I'd guess that when Ford saw the huge number of Hybrid orders, they went back to the suplliers of the hybrid specific parts and requested them to ramp up ASAP in months (for example) 4-12 of the contract.

Sponsored

JP4AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Hybrid MAV, 04 Dakota 4x4, 02 Lexus, 03 V-Rod +
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Seems to me that by moving from hybrid to EB, you don't so much "lose your place in line" as move from a very long line at the most popular ride in Maverick Land (think "Disney Land" but with fewer rides and lacking adult leadership) to a much shorter line at a slightly less popular ride, but one that can handle twice as many people per "trip"...

I like that analogy because for some of us, we ONLY want to ride the hybrid, and we'd rather see the park close and have to get in line again the next day (model year) than settle for going on the other ride (Ecoboost).

Most of the people lined up for the Ecoboost ride are there because they really want to go on the Ecoboost ride. But some people are considering leaving the line for the Hybrid ride and getting into the Ecoboost ride line. They are doing so not necessarily because they really want to go on the Ecoboost ride, but because they see that line is shorter, and moving faster, and they want (or need) to ride something before the park closes, and they don't want to have to come back the next day (re-order for the next model year).

The analogy breaks down a bit because no matter which line you're in at "Maverick Land," you have no real idea where you are in the queue... (See earlier comment about "adult leadership"...)

It's more of a "mob scene" until you make it to the cordoned-off section (get your build date) and can finally see roughly where you are in line, and that you're probably going to get to ride...

Just my 3 cents worth. (Inflation and supply chain issues have raised the production cost for my silly ideas.)
That was a Super Good analogy of the situation! I just switched one of my orders from the Hybrid line to the Eco Boost line. Now I am in both lines. But the Eco Boost line is moving much faster and seems to be shorter. Best of luck to all that stand in line!

Godzilla

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I changed from hybrid to Ecoboost on 12/19/22, but have not been scheduled yet.
I changed to eco and am scheduled for February 9. Only took about a week to get scheduled after switching. Stood in the other line for 15 months!