GAP

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Pilot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is it true that when you change from Hybrid to EB you lose your place in line? If so, that’s one hell of an incentive considering that Ford is asking us to do it.
Sponsored

JP4AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Hybrid MAV, 04 Dakota 4x4, 02 Lexus, 03 V-Rod +
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Is it true that when you change from Hybrid to EB you lose your place in line? If so, that’s one hell of an incentive considering that Ford is asking us to do it.
I do not believe this to be true. I recently change one of my hybrid orders to Eco Boost AWD, Dealer said I did not lose place, and scheduling is likely to be sooner than later. I also believe on 12/14, Ford put out that notice (encouraging a change from Hybrid over to Eco Boost) would be no price change or loss of place in line.

Ford Maverick Out of line! 1214 Ford orders

ejouie

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Ford Maverick, Atlas Blue, FWD, EcoBoost, XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I originally ordered a hybrid on 9/17/22.

I changed from Hybrid to Eco-Boost on 12/15/22.

I now have a VIN and the order date on the Ford tracking website states 9/16/22.

Last edited:

Milqueman

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Kia Sportage Hybrid, 2013 Hyundai Elantra
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I remember reading on here someplace, that there is no "line" for those that made an original order in September of 23. The order banks were only open for 6 days, and since 86,000 orders were taken in such a short time, they were all grouped into the same "batch" of orders. So.. from what I gathered from this, is if someone ordered on the 16th, and someone else ordered on the 17th, and another on the 18th, etc... They are all considered, by Ford, to be ordered at the same time.

Build scheduling is prioritized by a combination of: dealer allotment, regional priority and parts allocation (what parts they have available at the plant to build what spec vehicle)

I ordered on September 16th and changed my order in December (added the Lux package as it was under volume, I didn't include it at first, because I thought with the chip shortage, the lux package would be a constraint item, but I guess it isn't). I then called Ford Customer Service and asked what my order date was, she said September 16. So adding the lux package didn't change my original order date.

So.. I don't believe anybody that made an original order in 2023 is in a "line" per se, we're all group together with the other 86,000 people. The only people that actually have priority should be MY22 rollovers (actually REorders, as Ford didn't rollover anything) and those should be Priority code 2 from their dealer. But that's assuming those people's dealers and Ford did what they are supposed to do.

But, I could be totally wrong....

Sponsored

GTBuzz

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If there was a line, then all 2021 orders would be scheduled and built. But as we see, many sept 22 orders have been built ahead of these 1+ year old orders.

It comes down to allocation and contraints. I changed my order to EB at rollover and got scheduled. I believe you actually move ahead by switching to EB, especially if your a new sept 22 order. But you have to weigh your needs vs chances of getting built.

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Honestly, I am not sure there really is much of a "line" for 2023 orders. Ford said they are going back to a dealer allocation system for selecting orders for production this year rather than attempting to a nationwide FIFO (first in, first out) system. So, it has more to do with your order specs (what Ford can/wants to build any given week) and your place in "line" AT YOUR DEALER. In other words, what is your priority code that sets priority among the other orders within your dealership.

Those two factors, combined with your dealer's allocation (how many Mavericks they are awarded each month) are what will determine when your truck will be built.

Given the fact that many, many more Ecoboosts will be built than hybrids switching to an Ecoboost will most certainly increase your odds of being scheduled, and much sooner!

woozoo

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Woo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If there was a line, then all 2021 orders would be scheduled and built. But as we see, many sept 22 orders have been built ahead of these 1+ year old orders.

It comes down to allocation and contraints. I changed my order to EB at rollover and got scheduled. I believe you actually move ahead by switching to EB, especially if your a new sept 22 order. But you have to weigh your needs vs chances of getting built.
Problem is once its converted to a 23, there is no way Ford can distinguished if you were a rollover or not. You get mixed in with all the other Sep 22 orders. It was left up to the dealers to prioritize rollovers by assigning them a lower priority code.

Last edited:
Sponsored

Gardner79

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick, 2017 Toyota Sienna
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I changed my order from hybrid to ecoboost im Dec. Mine is now scheduled for March. Would I have still gotten my hybrid if I did nothing? or perhaps gotten it, but later? Who knows for sure. But it appears that if you order ecoboost, you will almost certainly get your truck. Hybrid is less than 50% chance. There are other factors as well, such as the trim and packages. I agree with others who said you actually probably move up in line, with ecoboost.

ShadowBlack XL440

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Ford, not enought room to list..........
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I thought the reason for changing to an EB was to get moved up the line and get your truck built sooner? Does not sound right to me.

LtCasual

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Think of it this way, its better to be at the end of a 100 person line than in the middle of a 1000 person line.

Reactions: GAP